Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Request for help with synching Safari bookmarks... (Read 9369 times)
The Parkster
Re: Request for help with synching Safari bookmarks...
Reply #4 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Thanks so much, Jerry. Again, I appreciate your quick response. I'll give all this a try, and get back to you if I have trouble. Thanks again.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Hello again, Parkster.  First of all, there is an issue with BookMacster 1.19.2.  It sometimes crashes if you open Preferences.  That has been fixed in BookMacster 1.19.3, which is now available with the usual Check for Update.

But that's not your problem here.  (That just explains where I've been for the last hour  Wink)

Anyhow, if you are only using Safari and no other browsers, you should use iCloud to sync your bookmarks.  You can use BookMacster on one or both Macs to keep your bookmarks sorted (alphabetized), verified, free of duplicates, etc.  Furthermore, if you activate a Simple Agent in Settings > Agents, it will watch your Safari bookmarks and keep them sorted automatically.  But you should not use BookMacster for syncing between your Macs, because iCloud can do it better – it will also sync your open tabs.  You should not put your Bookmarkshelf document (.bkmslf) file in, say, a Dropbox folder for the purpose of syncing.

Let me know if that makes sense, and any details of any trouble you're having.  I'll be here for next hour at least.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

The Parkster
Reply #2 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Thanks for your quick response, Jerry. I have BookMacster 1.19.2. On my desktop computer I have OS X 10.8.5. On my laptop computer I have OS X 10.7.5. Thanks for any help you can offer.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2013 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Hello, Parkster.

Thanks for trying BookMacster.

What version of BookMacster do you have (menu > BookMacster > About BookMacster)?

What version of Mac OS X (menu >  > About this Mac)?

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

The Parkster
Request for help with synching Safari bookmarks...
Oct 29th, 2013 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Last night, I installed BookMacster on my desktop iMac. I can't get the Safari bookmarks on my laptop MacBook Pro to automatically sync with the Safari bookmarks on my desktop iMac. Can anyone help me with this? (I have iCloud turned on for Safari bookmarks on both computers.) Thank you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint