Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic installation problem (Read 7221 times)
Rob
Re: installation problem
Reply #3 - Feb 7th, 2015 at 5:10am
Print Post  
Thanks for the responses. I downloaded the Bookmacster installer from CNet Downloads for Mac. CNET gave your product a pretty good review.  I just downloaded the program from your web site and it installed immediately with no problems. I have yet to read all instructions but plan to do so after a good night's sleep. I'll count some sheep now.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 4:45am
Print Post  
Rob,

Upon reading your message more carefully, I noticed your mention of Installer Preferences.plist.  Something is wrong there.  Our apps are all installed by a simple drag and drop into /Applications.  None of our apps ship with installers, and none of them contain any such file.

So maybe what you have there was tampered with and/or repackaged.  Our apps are signed with our registered Apple Developer ID, and OS X checks to make sure that they have not been tampered with the first time you launch one of them.  But it's possible that the thing you are launching is not our app, or that someone has wrapped our app with an installer.  If you get any warnings saying that the app is damaged or from an unidentified developer, trash it and redownload from sheepsystems.com.

Or maybe you or Virus Barrier got BookMacster mixed up with some other app.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2015 at 12:48am
Print Post  
Hello, Rob.

Thank you for contacting us.  BookMacster does not contain malware if you got it from us and it was not tampered with.  Please submit that BookMacster you have there to Intego by following their instructions, and let us know what they say and/or tell them to contact me, jerry@sheepsystems.com.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Rob
installation problem
Feb 2nd, 2015 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Am stuck at an early stage of installation of Bookmacster. iMac 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB memory running OS10.10.1. Intego Virus Barrier alert stated that Installer Preferences.plist had malware. I stopped at that point and quarantined the file. Is this for real? I would love to try the app.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint