Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What needs to be open in BookMacster to work? (Read 4748 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: What needs to be open in BookMacster to work?
Reply #3 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
KAS wrote on Aug 4th, 2016 at 5:23am:
Does my BookMacster license cover the apps with less functionality?
No, but yes.  When you are running Smarky 2, Synkmark 2, or Markster 2 on a Mac user account which has a valid BookMacster 2 license installed, when you click Try or Buy > Regular license, the system should calculate your price for the new license aa $0 USD.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

KAS
Reply #2 - Aug 4th, 2016 at 5:23am
Print Post  
Thanks!  I originally intended to use BookMacster on multiple computers, but it seems that using it on one bridge machine then using the proprietary sync engines in the browser does the trick as well.

Does my BookMacster license cover the apps with less functionality?

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2016 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
KAS wrote on Aug 3rd, 2016 at 7:01am:
Right now, BookMacster is running in my dock (has the dot below it), does not have the .bksmf file open, and has the menu extra running up in my menu bar.

Does BookMacster need to be open this way?  Does it run in the background with no icon in the dock?
For your particular use case (syncing), you should quit BookMacster after you have activated syncing, and leave it quit until the next time you want to do bookmarks housekeeping or reorganization.  That will also kill the menu extra, which is not needed for syncing, and you could step on syncing by using it.

By the way, our app Synkmark is focused on syncing Safari, Firefox and Chrome only, and does not raise these questions.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

KAS
What needs to be open in BookMacster to work?
Aug 3rd, 2016 at 7:01am
Print Post  
Right now, BookMacster is running in my dock (has the dot below it), does not have the .bksmf file open, and has the menu extra running up in my menu bar.

Does BookMacster need to be open this way?  Does it run in the background with no icon in the dock?

Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint