Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Protecting a folder when deleting duplicates (Read 3089 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Protecting a folder when deleting duplicates
Reply #1 - Nov 14th, 2016 at 4:54am
Print Post  
I think so.  For bookmarks, not folders.  The feature to mark any bookmark as Duplicate Allowed is explained in the Help Book.  Since our Inspector now smartly handles multiple selections, an easy way to "harden" a whole bunch is to show the Inspector, select all of the bookmarks which you want to "harden", and then switch on the Duplicate Allowed checkbox.  It will affect all of them.

Note that if you only have two bookmarks to a given URL, and activate Duplicate Allowed on one of them, Find Duplicates will now find neither bookmark.  If you have, say, three bookmarks to a given URL, and activate Duplicate Allowed on one of them, Find Duplicates will now find the other two.

An alternative "shotgun" approach, which might get what you want, is to Ignore Duplicates in Different Hard Folders.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Charlie32
Protecting a folder when deleting duplicates
Nov 14th, 2016 at 3:19am
Print Post  
I'd like to have BookMacster delete my many duplicate bookmarks but would like to "Lock", "Protect", "Harden" or whatever you call it, so as not to lose any bookmarks stored in that particular folder. I keep it in my Favorites bar.  Undecided
Is there any way to identify a folder or individual bookmark as a "Do Not Touch This Particular Bookmark or Folder"?
Thanks,

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint