Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Search By Latest Bookmark Additions? (Read 3696 times)
MrX
Re: Search By Latest Bookmark Additions?
Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:31am
Print Post  
I forgot to thank you Jerry. That's a neat trick!

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Search By Latest Bookmark Additions?
Reply #1 - Mar 29th, 2017 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Yes, MrX.

• In the BookMacster document which contains the items you are looking for, click the tab: Reports > Find/Replace.  A tab will open.  At the top of this tab is an arrangement of several popup menus, called a predicate editor.

• In the second line of the predicate editor, set the first popup to Added.
• Set the second popup to is greater than, which in this case means is later than
• In the third popup, change the date to, whatever, a week ago, or however far back in time you want to search.

Results will appear in a list at the bottom of the window.  To move any or all of them to a more appropriate location,

• Select the item(s) you want to move to a certain location.
• Perform a secondary click (holding down the control key, for example).  A contextual menu will appear.
• In the contextual menu, mouse over Move to ► and then navigate to your desired destination.

Yes, that predicate editor is somewhat wonky and overkill for bookmarks.  If you hold down the option key and click a + button you can go wild creating compound predicates.  But it's a standard control which is built into macOS, so it didn't cost us very much Smiley

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

MrX
Search By Latest Bookmark Additions?
Mar 29th, 2017 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Is there a way to do a search that will list bookmarks in descending order by when they were saved?  I recently saved some bookmarks and it's the only way for me to find the one I am looking for. . .  Don't Ask!  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint