Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic never ending dialog hell (Read 3699 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: never ending dialog hell
Reply #1 - Mar 30th, 2017 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Hello, madskier.

Those dialogs will pop up, often several times, whenever a bookmark is changed by a browser, either on the local or a remote Mac if you are syncing as described, if you leave Synkmark running.  You should quit Synkmark if you are not using it.  In this case, if the dialog goes away momentarily after you dismiss it, you should quit Synkmark immediately, before another one pops up.

I'm not sure from your description whether the dialog ever goes away.  If the dialog never goes away, then of course something is wrong and you need to force quit Synkmark by clicking in the Apple () menu in the upper left corner of your screen > Force Quit….  Same thing if the dialog goes away and always comes back immediately.  In either case, it may be difficult to reproduce but if you want to run our Trouble Zipper I'll see if your logs give us a clue to any bug which may need to be fixed.

If there is any pause at all between the dialogs, or if things have quieted down since you posted this message, it may indicate that Synkmark is behaving as expected, but that iCloud is syncing a lot of bookmarks for some reason, which means there may be trouble in iCloud if it doesn't stop.  If that is the case, you should run Synkmark and Pause syncing (click the Syncing button in the toolbar until it shows "!" until the iCloud issue is resolved.  You may need to clean out that iCloud.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

madskier
Ex Member
never ending dialog hell
Mar 30th, 2017 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
Using SynkMarks 2.2.17 only on this mac, with 3 browsers (Chrome, Safari and Firefox) each of the browsers is using native sync to all my other machines. 

I'm getting the dialog "A signal from Safari has just indicated that there may be bookmarks changes to import." and yes, indeed, I did change some bookmarks on a Safari on another machine.  The dialog says to "File > Import from only Safari" OK did that.  Then clicked on the 'ok' in the dialog and it never goes away. Can't do much with the product (Including quit) while the dialog is up and I have clicked 'OK' 30 times now and it still won't go away.  How do I get it to stop?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint