Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Is It Possible To Have Too Many Bookmarks? (Read 4475 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Is It Possible To Have Too Many Bookmarks?
Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2017 at 12:46am
Print Post  
With BookMacster, you can create as many .bkmslf documents as you wish.  so you could create new documentsm drag items into them, then delete them in the original.  But I don't know if that would suit your purposes.  Maybe some housecleaning would better.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

MrX
Reply #2 - Apr 24th, 2017 at 8:41pm
Print Post  
Hi Jerry- If it happens again I will try to keep track of what I do before the Spinning Beachball of Impending Doom appears. . . But I suspect that the problem is related to having so many bookmarks. I'm going to get help for my problem. . . someday. Sad

Do you recommend splitting up my bookmarks? If so, what would be the best way to accomplish this?

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
More bookmarks will cause longer processing times for some operations, and 11,500 is on the high side of the bell curve.  If you can identify what operations cause the trouble, or steps to reproduce, and could send us your data, we'll see if we can fix it.  In no case should beachballs be forever.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

MrX
Is It Possible To Have Too Many Bookmarks?
Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:50am
Print Post  
I'm wondering if it is possible to have too many bookmarks in a single bookmarkshelf?

I currently have over 11,500 bookmarks.  (I guess that I am a bookmark hoarder!)  I've run into the problem where I get a spinning beachball and I had to force quit. Luckily, no data has been lost. . . yet. I don't know if the two things are related but it seems possible. I cannot identify another reason for the problem.

OS 10.10.5
BookMacster 2.3.3
Mac Mini 2.3 i7
16GB RAM

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint