Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Firefox new bookmark not updating in Safari (Read 3133 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Firefox new bookmark not updating in Safari
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2017 at 12:49am
Print Post  
Hello, hscott.

Thank you for contacting us.  If indeed you clicked the More Tests… button in Manage Browser Extensions…, added a bookmark, and the notification printed, then all of the hard parts are working, and a new bookmark should be imported into BookMacster.

Please open your .bkmslf document in BookMacster and see if the new bookmark showed up in BookMacster.  It's possible that it got mapped into a different folder than you were expecting for some reason.  Also, some bookmarks, Firefox about:config for example, are not exportable to Safari.

If that does not resolve the issue, do this:

• Leave BookMacster running but close the .bkmslf document window.
• Click in the menu: BookMacster > Logs.  The Logs window should open and show Messages.
• Add a bookmark in Firefox.
• Wait 15 seconds.
• Click the round refresh button in the upper left corner of the Logs window.
• Examine any new entries.  There should be a entry that says Staged doSoon job to run at next :XX, where XX is a few minutes ahead of the current minutes on the clock.
• Wait until a minute after :XX and then refresh again.  There should be a few more entries, indicating that bookmarks were imported from Firefox, saved, exported to Safari, etc.

If all of that does not resolve the issue, send us your data and I'll figure it out.  Click in the menu: Help > Trouble Zipper.  For this type of problem it would be best to answer Include to the questions it asks.  Also, when it asks you at the end to explain the problem, be sure to tell us the name of the bookmark you added and at what time you added it, so we can correlate with various logs.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

hscott
Firefox new bookmark not updating in Safari
May 24th, 2017 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
When I add a new Firefox 53.0.3 bookmark, the new bookmark is not being updated in Safari 10.1.  I tested the Firefox extension 34, and it appears to be working; the advanced test also notified me that a new Firefox bookmark was being imported.  I have set up my local clients (Firefox and Safari) to each Import and Export from BookMacSter 2.4.3.  Each of client setting are BookMacSter defaults.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint