Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Issues with Mini Search (Read 7239 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Issues with Mini Search
Reply #5 - Jun 19th, 2017 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
Opera Software has approved our new extension versions, and we have now published version 2.4.7 of BookMacster, Markster and Synkmark on our beta channel.  Here is how to get these beta versions now.

I think this should resolve all of the issues.  The fact that BookMacster would offer to land the last-viewed page from Chrome or Safari is because it was not getting the page from Opera, which it should now.

Support for adding bookmarks for Vivaldi will work after we submit the new extensions to the Chrome Web Store.  We plan to do that after this beta test, on June 29.  By default, Chrome and Vivaldi check for extension updates every 24 hours.  So it should work by June 30.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #4 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
We have this working now in a near-future version (version 2.4.7) of BookMacster and Markster: The currently-viewed web page in Opera or Vivaldi is now indicated for landing in the Floating Menu, Menu Extra (aka Status Item, menulet) or Dock Menu of BookMacster or Markster.

However, to make this work also requires a new version of our extension, either BookMacster Sync version 38 or BookMacster Button version 26.  Nowadays, extensions must be submitted to the browser maker, in this case Opera Software, and by signed and/or distributed through their "store".  We have just submitted these new revisions to Opera Software.  Unfortunately, Opera Software does a manual review of all extensions and some developers are reporting that Opera review now takes weeks.  If they don't do it in a week or so, we'll proceed with Chrome instead, so that at least we can have this working in Vivaldi.  (Vivaldi uses the Chrome Web Store, and Chrome reviews are automated.)

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Yes, I see.  Adding bookmarks from Opera or Vivaldi does not work, because it was never implemented.  It should be do-able thanks to the new extensions which are the same as for Chrome.  I'll be back later.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

ianstudio
Ex Member
Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 4:38am
Print Post  
Actually I realised it is from Opera that it does not work, though I did change the shortcuts and tried many.

I'm also running into an issue of not being able to add a link from then menubar BM menu, at times the option does even not appear at all, I just get the option "visit all 3 bookmarks" or however many I have in a soft folder.. usually after I've used Opera or Vivaldi.

At other times after I quit all browsers and BM, I get the "Add Here..." again. Od..

Last issue, when I finally get the "Add Here" again: I always get the last page I visited from Chrome, Safari or Firefox, depending which one I tried last, as a proposition to be added from Opera or Vivaldi.. like neither Opera not Vivaldi are able to access the page I've currently on with them..

Why is this super annoying, because I really want to use the super excellent Opera browser, it is so much faster than all the other ones (Vivaldi I don't care for, I was just trying other options than Chrome, Safari or Firefox). That'd be sad I cannot use Opera.. ad I don't like your extension for Opera BTW, as one cannot choose which Soft Folder it goes into right away, you have to use the "move" function from the popup window :/ IS this extension existing precisely because Opera has issues adding from the Mac menubar?

THX

Hope my explanations made sense..

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2017 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Hello, ianstudio.

Thank you for contacting us.  Just to clarify, I think you are referring to the first keyboard shortcut in Preferences > Shortcuts.  This is to Show the Floating Menu.  When you type this designated keyboard shortcut, if a web browser such as Firefox is currently the active application, the Floating Menu should pop up wherever your mouse currently is.  If any other application is currently the active application, the keyboard shortcut will do whatever it does in that application, which may be nothing.

The Mini Search item does not show immediately, but it is the first item in the Floating Menu.

When you invoke Mini Search using the menu, I think you mean you click the BookMacster or Markster Status Item which is in your menubar, and then select the first menu item, Mini Search.

I don't know off hand what could be causing this.  Possibly there will be some clues in your system logs.  Please do this:

• Run BookMacster or Markster, whichever you are using.
• Click in the menu: Help ▸ Trouble Zipper
• For Question X (Extra Extension Tests), answer "No"
• For Question B (Bookmarks), answer "Don't Include Bookmarks"
• For Question L (Sync Logs), answer "Don't Include Sync Logs"
• For Question F (Files), it might be nice to have that but probably won't matter.
• Send us the resulting .zip as instructed.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

ianstudio
Ex Member
Issues with Mini Search
May 30th, 2017 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Hello, I have two issues with Mini Search:
1/
Shortcut does not work on my system, I tried several, none of which are already attributed.. to no avail.. Mini search does not pop up Undecided
2/
When I invoke Mini Search using the menu, it always pops up in the same spot (somewhat down and left of center on my screen), I move it to where I'd like to see it pop up, say upper right corner of my screen.. but the next time I invoke it it still shows up in that same spot.. Annoying  Shocked

H E L P

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint