Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Opera: Error 145725 when syncing bookmarks de novo (Read 7401 times)
Scalpel
Re: Opera: Error 145725 when syncing bookmarks de novo
Reply #6 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 5:12am
Print Post  
Having re-enabled Adblock Plus, Bookmacster still synchronises. A good outcome.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #5 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 5:03am
Print Post  
Thank you, Scalpel for your persistence.

Well, I just tried Adblock Plus Version 1.13.2 by adblockplus in Opera 45, but it had no effect for me.  It does not matter if I install BookMacster Sync first and Adblock Plus later, or vice versa.  The BookMacster Sync passes its Test, and BookMacster syncs as expected.

So I cannot explain why disabling Adblock Plus solved the problem for you.  You might want to try re-enabling it.  You can tell immediately whether or not BookMacster Sync is working by clicking the Test button in the BookMacster/Synkmark > Manage Browser Extensions… window.  You should test it before and after relaunching Opera.

Proper re-installation and testing of our BookMacster Sync Opera extension is now shown in this YouTube video.

I shall see if I can do some more experiments with the mysterious Adblock Plus.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Scalpel
Reply #4 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 4:48am
Print Post  
Thank you Jerry for going above and beyond to resolving this issue (over email). It was indeed related to a conflict with the Adblock Plus extension.

Unfortunately I am without an Adblocker now …

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Thank you for the follow-up, Scalpel.

I understand you're telling me that, even after reinstallation, with Opera running, in the Manage Browser Extensions window, with the Status Installed Version / Status indicating 37 (OK) (Loaded), when you click the Test button, it spins for about 20 seconds and then indicates X No Response from Opera.

I just retested that and did not get that result.  When I click Test, after a few seconds I get a nice .  In other words, it "works for me".

Please ensure that you have BookMacter 2.4.3 or later.  You might want to install BookMacster 2.4.6 beta as described here.

It would probably help for you to send us some data.  To do that, run BookMacster and click in the menu: Help ▸ Trouble Zipper.  For Question X (Extra Extension Tests), answer "Yes".  For the other questions, you can answer "Don't Include".

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Scalpel
Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2017 at 3:24am
Print Post  
Thank you for your prompt response!

I had attempted reinstalling the browser extension several times. It would state "no response from Opera". When it would return 37, attempts at synchronising would return the error message.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2017 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Hello, Scalpel.

Thank you for contacting us.  Please do this:

• Run BookMacster.
• Click in the menu: BookMacster > Manage Browser Extensions.  A window will open.
• In the top section, Sync extensions, find the row for Opera and Test it.  If it fails, Install and then Test again.

Another thing to check:

• Run Opera, click in the menu: View > Show Extensions.  BookMacster Sync (currently Version 37) should be listed and enabled.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Scalpel
Opera: Error 145725 when syncing bookmarks de novo
Jun 3rd, 2017 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
I'm keen to include Bookmacster into my workflow and am trialling it. My primary browser was Firefox and am now gravitating towards Opera. I have tried to sync the bookmarks from Firefox to Opera but I came across this error.

At the bottom of the error dialog, I received this message:

"Interapp messaging error : Server port (com.sheepsystems.BookMacster.ExtoreOpera.Default.ToClient) not found"

I would appreciate some help with this. I am looking to register Bookmacster. Many thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint