Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Double vision (Read 4830 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Double vision
Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 1:23am
Print Post  
Thank you for the follow-up Harold.

Click here for an article which explains how to send data to us.  Trouble Zipper is recommended for this case – it may help us to recover what your bookmarks were like before this duplication occurred.  You may also want to send a screenshot or two so you can point out the duplicates.  The article also explains how to do that too.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

nerval
Reply #2 - Jun 12th, 2017 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
Hello Jerry, I beg to differ....Yes, I am using BookMacster to sync browsers: Safari. Firefox, Opera, Chrome and iCab. Safari bookmarks are synced to other devices via iCloud but this has never been a problem for several years. I will check about a sync loop but my settings didn't change and all of a sudden I noticed duplicates appearing which are NOT found when I use BookMacster to find dups. I understand that they are not found because the URL isn't identical but why are they appearing at all? I have about 1600 bookmarks. I don't know how many dups as I notice them as I browse my folders. I'd attach some examples but don't understand how-I think image directories is a Windows term. Thanks for any help you can offer. Harold Appel

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Jun 6th, 2017 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Hello, nerval.

BookMacster does not make duplicates, so we need some more information here.  Are you using BookMacster to sync browsers?  Are your bookmarks also being synced by iCloud, Chrome/Google's syncing or Firefox Sync?

First and foremost, make sure you don't have a Sync Loop.

About how many bookmarks do you have and about how many duplicates do you see?  Give us an example, attach a screenshot or something.  You might want to send us some data.

Regarding duplicates detection (which is a second issue) for BookMacster to recognize items as duplicates, they must have the same url.  Bookmarks with the same name but different url will not be detected as duplicates.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

nerval
Double vision
Jun 6th, 2017 at 11:53am
Print Post  
BookMacster started making duplicates and doesn't recognize that there are any. Do I have to delete them by hand. How do I stop it from happening?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint