Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Video Instructions? (Read 2804 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Video Instructions?
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 4:11am
Print Post  
Hello, John.

Thank you for contacting us.  There are a few dozen articles, and some of them are marked (with video) in our support articles for the BookMacster app family.  You can also find a half dozen videos by searching YouTube for bookmacster.

But these are all short videos on random topics, not the overview video on how to configure BookMacster which you want.  I have considered making such a video (others have asked for it) but never been able to do so because there are so many ways to use BookMacster.  After the first ten seconds of such a video there would be, say, a four-pronged fork in the road, and then after another ten seconds there would be another several-pronged fork in the road, etc., and if we explained all of these forks the video would be very long and very confusing.

The best resource we have is really the Help Book, in which there are four sections which describe the four basic use cases for BookMacster (essentially the first fork in the road):
  1. BookMacster for One Browser
  2. BookMacster : Sync Browsers
  3. Using BookMacster Directly
  4. BookMacster : Custom Usages
Half the battle is really picking from among those four.

If that doesn't work for you, tell us your starting point and your desired end point, and I'll be happy to produce and publish a video for you.  Others may be able to adapt it to their use case.  By "starting point", I mean, where are your bookmarks now.  Are they all in one browser?  In more than one?

By the way, we have three simpler products which are easier to configure than BookMacster, because by picking one of them you've eliminated that first fork in the roadSmarky (for Safari only), Synkmark, and Markster are BookMacster simplified down to, respectively, use cases 1, 2 and 3 I've listed above.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

johnhook
Ex Member
Video Instructions?
Jun 20th, 2017 at 1:43am
Print Post  
Hi Jerry, I bought and installed BookMacster. It is excellent and very powerful and COMPLEX!
How about some generalized "overview" video instructions and some more advanced step-by-step video instructions for single and multiple-browser instances? Thanks, John

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint