Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Import Bookmarks from several old html files (Read 2758 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Import Bookmarks from several old html files
Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2017 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Hello, Ste.

Thank you for contacting us.  Unfortunately, we don't support directly importing those old Netscape bookmarks .html files.  When developing BookMacster in 2009, we did the forward-looking thing and ignored those in favor of the newer .xbel files.  But .xbel files never took off

The workaround is to use Safari, which is still in the twentieth century.  Run Safari and click in the menu: File > Import from > Bookmarks HTML File….  It will put everything in a folder named Import <date>.  Safari can handle thousands of bookmarks, and it is easy to delete this folder when you are done.  It may take tens of seconds; be patient.  Then you can activate one of our apps and File > Import from only… > Safari.  Since you are using BookMacster, you may do this in a File > New Bookmarkshelf/Collection to avoid messing up your regular bookmarks file.  Once they are in our apps, you can find and eliminate duplicates, and ultimately copy or drag to other documents, or export to browsers.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Ste
Import Bookmarks from several old html files
Nov 25th, 2017 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
How to Import Bookmarks from several old html files into BookMacster bookmark shelf?

I can't find any help on this matter and it shocks me that no one wants to do this?

I have several files of bookmarks from old systems and browsers that I have saved (usually because systems are failing and need reinstall etc) in the hope that one day I can consolidate them all together. How can I achieve this?

Is the only way to import them to one of my browsers and then into bookmacster? this will most likely be a problem because I have 100's of 1000's of bookmarks and inevitably probably 80% of them are duplicates so Im not sure my browser will cope with all files imported

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint