Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Yellow is the new green! (Read 5113 times)
DHK
Re: Yellow is the new green!
Reply #4 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Oops... that's what comes of thinking I know what I'm doing. I guess things are fine. Now on to restore more programs.... Thanks for enlightening me!

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Ah, I'm sorry.  It appears as though you missed reading the sheet which should have shown itself the first time you launched Synkmark 2.6.

Short version:  Yellow is the new green.

Longer version (which that sheet should have displayed):

In the toolbar up there, you see we've changed the color of the Syncing button when syncing is Ready from green to yellow.  This is to emphasize that, to prevent conflicts, automatic syncing from browsers will not begin until after you close this window or quit.

We were getting too many support requests from people who would say I've set everything up, and I'm looking at this green dot, but when I add a bookmark to browser F or browser S, nothing happens, and having to answer Please quit Synkmark.

This is because, in even earlier versions, Syncing actually was active when Synkmark was running, but instead of syncing when a bookmarks change was detected, a sheet would show saying something like A signal from browser F indicates that changes need to be imported, but we're not doing that because you've got this window open, etc..  People found this to be even more confusing and annoying.

Does this explain it?

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

DHK
Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the quick reply. I can't seem to get rid of the yellow dot. I don't see a File>Quit Synkmark menu option, but when I hit "File>Close and Quit" it just quits. Clicking on the yellow dot gets me the red !, which turns back to yellow and tells me that sync status has changed and do I want to export. I say yes and get the results in the status bar shown in the attachment, and we're back to yellow dot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xj0wgag6jg9rl70/Screenshot%202018-04-09%2014.56.18.png...
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2018 at 8:19pm by Jerry Krinock »  

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Can't restart syncing in Synkmark
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2018 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Hello, DHK.

When you've got the yellow dot, that means syncing is Ready.  File > Quit Synkmark.  If it prompts you to export, after reading the warning, if you agree that you are ready, click the button: Export.  Then File > Quit Synkmark again.  This time it should work.  Once Synkmark is quit, syncing begins.
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2018 at 8:22pm by Jerry Krinock »  

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

DHK
Yellow is the new green!
Apr 9th, 2018 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
I've just had to rebuild my iMac (macOS 10.13.4) from a clean OS. In re-installing Synkmark I can't get past the yellow dot or red !. Symkmark seems happy with my setup in that Firefox and Chrome extensions are loaded... Safari of course doesn't appear there, but I did successfully import my bookmarks FROM Safari.

Every time I try to sync I end up with the red ! and the bottom status bar says "Completed: Same-Skip (Chrome)"

What more information can I provide?
« Last Edit: Apr 9th, 2018 at 8:23pm by Jerry Krinock »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint