Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Opera 10 (Read 4568 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Opera 10
Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2009 at 4:37am
Print Post  
Ah, so it will import Opera 9 bookmarks, but you have to hunt for it.  Thanks for the tip.

Anyhow, three days ago I released Bookdog 5.3.3 which supports Opera 10.  Users which don't have it yet can get it by launching Bookdog and clicking in menu > Bookdog > Check for Update.

And you don't have to hunt for the "import Opera 9" function.  For those who missed it in Opera, if you've used Opera 9, you are presented with the option to switch to and import bookmarks from Opera 10 when you launch Bookdog 5.3.3 after having used Opera 10.  Kind of complicated to describe, but it seems like it "just works" for most people.  At least, no one has requested support so far.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

peter
Re: Opera 10
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2009 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
I've been using Opera 10 alpha since it was first released last winter. 

I'd forgotten that it did not automatically import my Opera 9 bookmarks.  I still don't remember being inconvenienced by this, but it was easy enough to find the import feature.

File, Import and Export, Import Opera Bookmarks...

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Opera 10
Jun 3rd, 2009 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Opera 10 was released for beta testing today.  BookMacster and probably Bookdog will support this at some future date because it looks like they use the same file format in a new location, so there is not too much programming to do.

However, because Opera 10 does not automatically import your Opera 9 bookmarks, it looks like we'll need two menu items, "Opera 9" and "Opera 10", during the transition.  Or maybe if their beta is quick I'll just go right to Opera 10 only.

But I find it rather odd that Opera 10 does not have a built-in capability to import your Opera 9 bookmarks and do so by default.  Has anyone found this capability?

(Actually, it looks like it would be very easy to do this manually by copying and renaming the bookmarks file).

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint