Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic JavaScript Bookmarks (Read 14228 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Yojimbo Bookmarklets
Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
David,

I just installed Yojimbo and installed all four bookmarklets ((Bookmark/Archive)/(Tags/NoTags)) in all four browsers.  As far as I can see, and I confirmed this using a grep tool, they are all the same (except for the names in OmniWeb).  In OmniWeb is that the bookmark names are all "javascript:", but that does not affect the way they work and you'd want them changed to more meaningful names anyhow.

Therefore there should be no problem with allowing BookMacster to export the same Yojimbo bookmarklets to any of the four browsers.

Regarding the bookmarklets in your first post, the second one matches the "Bookmark with Yojimbo (with tags)" bookmarklet that I got from the current version of Yojimbo.  The first one is similar to the "Bookmark with Yojimbo (no tags)" bookmarklet in the current version of Yojimbo, but is slightly different.  Possibly it was created by an earlier version of Yojimbo

Regarding the bookmarklets in your second post, these are not really bookmarklets but little scripts that tell the Mac OS to "Open browser XX and display this page".  Of course they are different because the browser XX is different.  But once you get there and drag the links to your bookmarks bar, the bookmarklet produced is the same.

Actually, I believe that if these bookmarklets were exported to Opera or Shiira, they would probably work.  BookMacster already knows not to export javascript bookmarklets to Google Bookmarks or Delicious.

So, I think everything is fine – everything should "just work".  Let us know if you find otherwise.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

David
Re: JavaScript Bookmarks
Reply #3 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Here is the info on Yojimbo Bookmarklets.  The have them fro Safar, Camino, FireFox and OmniWeb (I have the first 3)  I put the the link from the Yojimbo help that installs them.

Bookmarklets

Bookmarklets look like regular bookmarks in your web browser, but instead of pointing you to a web page, they run a small bit of JavaScript. Yojimbo’s bookmarklets allow you to save a web page as a Yojimbo bookmark or Yojimbo web archive with a single click.

To install the Yojimbo bookmarklets, choose a browser from the list below:

Safari Safari'

Camino
a.camino'

FireFox
a.firefox'

OmniWeb
oup.OmniWeb5'

IP Logged

David
Reply #2 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Here are the Yojimbo JavaScipt links from BookMacster.  If non exportable what happens to their spot bookmark bar?

Bookmark in Yojimbo      Component(tags);window.location=u;%7D

Bookmark in Yojimbo      gs=%2522+encodeURIComponent(tags);window.location=u;%257D

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2009 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
David, I can't think of any good way to work around this now.  Please reply to this post.  Drag those two Yojimbo bookmarks out of the Bookmarkshelf Content into your message.  Put a couple blank lines between them.  This might not be too hard to accomodate in a future version – should be able to hook them in as "nonexportable items".

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

David
JavaScript Bookmarks
Nov 12th, 2009 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
I have Yojimbo and have installed two bookmarks on my main browsers.  The issue is BareBones make a point of having a different script for each browser type (not all browsers are supported)
Can I keep them separate?  I don't want the one for Safari to end up in FireFox.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint