Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bug with Import from Bookdog (Read 10799 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Bug with Import from Bookdog
Reply #4 - Nov 18th, 2009 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Thank you, Scott.  We're doing some fairly major rework on the import/export function right now, to fix another issue.  It will affect this.  I shall retest when we're done.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Dr. Scott Steinman
Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2009 at 6:16am
Print Post  
In Bookmacster version 0.1.8, the import bug is still there.  The contents of the Safari Bookmarks Bar and Bookmarks Menu are ignored on import.  On export, the contents are again ignored.

The only way to get their contents imported is to create two bookmark folders in Safari with the same name and transfer their contents there.

The problem may be that the Safari Bookmarks Bar and Bookmarks Menu are _collections_ rather than bookmark folders.  Collections do not seem to be detected or copied by BookMacster.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Dr. Scott Steinman wrote on Nov 13th, 2009 at 3:18am:
Importing from Safari also loses the bookmark folder layout.  All of the bookmarks end up in the same folder.

Well, this is the third thread I've now pasted the following text into Cheesy

This was probably caused by a major bug in BookMacster 0.1.5 which is fixed in BookMacster 0.1.6 which was published a few minutes ago.  Anyone using BookMacster 0.1.5, please in the menu click BookMacster ▸ Check for Update to get 0.1.6.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Dr. Scott Steinman
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Importing from Safari also loses the bookmark folder layout.  All of the bookmarks end up in the same folder.

Scott

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Bug with Import from Bookdog
Nov 12th, 2009 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
I've reproduced a fairly major issue when importing Safari bookmarks from Bookdog.  Sometimes it works; sometimes you get only the Bookmarks Bar, sometimes you get only the Bookmarks Menu; sometimes you get a crash.  I shall post here when we've got it fixed.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint