Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) deleting items; expanding/collapsing folders (Read 8741 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: deleting items; expanding/collapsing folders
Reply #5 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
ruftytufty wrote on Dec 11th, 2009 at 8:06am:
\if I've selected (say) 5 items, either contiguous or non-contiguous, then delete them, the selection after the deletion still looks exactly the same (i.e. positionally the same 5 items, even though these are different items, since I've deleted the 5 selected items).

Don't know if this is an all-versions issue.
  Thanks again, rufty.  It was both Leopard and Snow.  The fix will be in the next version.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

ruftytufty
Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2009 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Thanks for the fix - deleting/collapsing/etc. now works much better on Leopard - the list doesn't jump to unexpected places.

I'm still getting some unexpected behavior: if I've selected (say) 5 items, either contiguous or non-contiguous, then delete them, the selection after the deletion still looks exactly the same (i.e. positionally the same 5 items, even though these are different items, since I've deleted the 5 selected items). Makes no sense logically.

Don't know if this is an all-versions issue, or just Leopard, but probably makes more sense, after a deletion, to just select the "current" line.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
BookMacster ver 0.6.3 is now available, in which this issue has been fixed.

ruftytufty wrote on Dec 9th, 2009 at 11:11pm:
Is there a difference between what you mean by "Old Leopard" and just plain "Leopard"?
No, I mean "Leopard", but I've seen Mac novices get confused with Apple's overlapping product names.  For example, our Airport base station is a "Snow Airport with Dual Ethernet", not to be confused with the earlier "Snow Airport" (without Dual Ethernet).

If not, I'd suggest dropping the "Old".
Maybe I should.

Also - is there a way to change the default point size in posts? Mine is defaulting to 6p, and I can't find a place to change it.
For writing posts, the control is at the bottom of the text view.  For reading posts, I can't find any control.  Web browsers can can text size though.  If you're using Safari 4, it's in the View menu.  First, checkmark "Zoom Text Only", and then "Zoom In".  I don't want to spend too much time on forum scripts.  I realize that many things could be improved here, but I think it's good enough, especially since a month ago when I figured out how to get rid of the the ridiculous "YaBB" banner which screamed across the top of the page.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

ruftytufty
Reply #2 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
Great!

Is there a difference between what you mean by "Old Leopard" and just plain "Leopard"?

If not, I'd suggest dropping the "Old".

Also - is there a way to change the default point size in posts? Mine is defaulting to 6p, and I can't find a place to change it.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Dec 9th, 2009 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Short answer:  Yup, just reproduced it -- it's repeatable and very annoying, but it only happens in Mac OS 10.5 "Old Leopard".

We'll get to work on it today.  Good thing we've got some "Old Leopard" beta testers now.  Thanks for the catch, rufty.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

ruftytufty
deleting items; expanding/collapsing folders
Dec 9th, 2009 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Hi - I'm a new user, just starting to clean up all my old bookmarks using BM.

The list of folders/bookmarks is longer than the BM window, so there's a scroll bar on the right.

When I'm scrolled down a ways, and delete a bookmark (or several), or expand or collapse a folder, the displayed position often jumps dramatically, sometimes back to the beginning of the list of bookmarks.

This is definitely unexpected behavior, and also undesirable, as I have to scroll/scan to find my old place in the list almost every time I delete/expand/collapse an item (which is mostly what I'm doing right now). The displayed context should stay as close to the same as possible.

Do you get the same behavior?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint