Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Crash! (Read 2920 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Crash!
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2009 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Hello, Steve.

Thank you for the report.  It's about the strangest one I've ever seen though.  First of all, there is no evidence that Bookdog "crashed" in the usual sense -- by that I mean that a dialog box appears in the middle of your screen which says "The application Bookdog quit unexpectedly."  Did you see anything like that?

Trouble Zipper should have picked up the evidence in two places (1) A crash report and (2) an entry in your console log saying that Bookdog crashed.  It got neither.  Trouble Zipper, like any software, has had bugs, but there are no known bugs at this time and that it would miss both of these is quite unlikely.

Further, there are some VERY strange things in that console log.  I see that the application name is given as "Macrophobia Bookdog" instead of just Bookdog.  What is Macrophobia?  I don't think that your user account name shows up like that, but then  I haven't looked at a Mac OS 10.5 log in awhile so I might be wrong.  But there's more.  Several times Bookdog logs "Loading Stoplight", and then some other nonsense: "In IHS, got app ID...."  I know for sure that Bookdog doesn't log anything like that.  There must be some plug-in code on your Mac that plugged into Bookdog.  Do you recognize "Macrophobia", "Stoplight", or "IHS"?

Then after a few minutes of these weird messages, that's all.  Again, there's no evidence that Bookdog crashed.  It might still be running?

Let me know.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

steve Hayes
Crash!
Dec 15th, 2009 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
I have installed Bookdog on OS X 10.5.8. I can open the application, but as soon as I try to load any bookmarks the application crashes.

Bookdog_Trouble.zip ( 7 KB | 173 Downloads )

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint