Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Diigo sync (Read 17859 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Diigo sync
Reply #14 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
BookMacster 1.7 (beta) now supports Diigo.  To get it

• Launch BookMacster.
• Make sure you're Preference is set to get Beta versions, like this:

• Click in the menu BookMacster ▸ Check for Updates.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #13 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Yes, Yoni.  Diigo will be available like any other Client in BookMacster.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Yoni
Reply #12 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Thanks for working on this still. I want to make sure I understand correctly. When you are done with this feature and release the next update users will be able to use Bookmacster to selectively merge bookmarks from Firefox, Safari, etc with Diigo? Would we be able to do mass edits in firefox to bookmarks then add them en mass to Diigo?

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #11 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 4:57am
Print Post  
The problem is solved.  Diigo has a slight mismatch between their API's documentation and its behavior, but thanks to their insistence that it worked, we discovered the mismatch by trial and error.  So, tomorrow we plan to spend some time on Diigo support in BookMacster.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #10 - Aug 2nd, 2011 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
The good and bad news is that someone within Diigo has taken an interest and is looking into the issue.

(The reason I report this as bad is this indicates that maybe there really are serious issues with their API which we must rely on Diigo to resolve voluntarily.)

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #9 - Jul 31st, 2011 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Never mind about the Diigo forum.  I found it.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #8 - Jul 30th, 2011 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Started looking at it Thursday.  As a matter of fact, if one does a class dump on BookMacster 1.6.5 which we published this morning, you'll see that it now has a ExtoreDiigo class.

That being said, we're having a little trouble with their API.  I set up a Diigo account, sent their API a request for its bookmarks, and received back 10 bookmarks as expected, but they weren't my bookmarks; they were 10 "shared" bookmarks from other peoples' accounts.

After checking our code carefully, we sent a question to service@diigo.com but have not received any response yet.  If anyone knows of a Diigo developer forum, or at least a Diigo user forum, please reply and tell us about it.  Oddly, I can't find any such thing on diigo.com.

Thanks!

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

mayersj1
Reply #7 - Jul 30th, 2011 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Any update on the Diigo sync?

IP Logged

Yoni
Reply #6 - Mar 8th, 2011 at 4:57am
Print Post  
Fair points. I'm a little too enthusiastic, mainly because most feedback goes unheeded elsewhere unless it builds a support base of 50-100 people. Anyway, glad to hear you will work on it at some point. Look forward to hearing more whenever you get around to it.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #5 - Mar 8th, 2011 at 4:48am
Print Post  
Yoni wrote on Mar 8th, 2011 at 4:37am:
That's fantastic!!! … Just to be clear, you think it will be possible to edit/add/delete bookmarks either in Diigo or in BookMacster and have it sync with the other?
Short answer: Yes, if the API works like a quick reading of the documentation indicates it should.

Yoni wrote on Mar 8th, 2011 at 4:37am:
That would be a huge breakthrough (and one which I would help you publicize on the Diigo boards).
Well, it is true that they seem to have a sufficient API, and since we've done it with Delicious and Pinboard and Google Bookmarks, we should be able to do it with Diigo.

But, being honest here, I would call that "good news".  And feedback like this helps us decides what to do next.  But I would not call it even "great" until we clear out enough other work to get working on it, and I would not call it "fantastic" until we publish a beta test.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Yoni
Reply #4 - Mar 8th, 2011 at 4:37am
Print Post  
That's fantastic!!! I'm really excited for this. I was fortunate enough to receive a free copy of BookMacster because I participated in the suggestion phase of development (I think) and I haven't used it a bunch since then but as soon as it integrates with Diigo. Just to be clear, you think it will be possible to edit/add/delete bookmarks either in Diigo or in BookMacster and have it sync with the other? That would be a huge breakthrough (and one which I would help you publicize on the Diigo boards).

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Mar 8th, 2011 at 4:32am
Print Post  
Thank for the reminder, Yoni.

Just to say I've done something, I just spent a few minutes looking over Diigo's API and sent them a couple questions.  Anyhow, it's do-able, and it's on the list of things to do.  At least they use a simple authorization scheme, not like the New Improved Delicious of 2009 which was such a pain.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Yoni
Reply #2 - Mar 7th, 2011 at 5:34am
Print Post  
I realize it's been more than a year now since I replied (I lost track of this forum) but I would LOVE to see Diigo sync. Currently, there are no Diigo clients at all, and there are no services that do two way sync with Diigo. However, I believe it is possible because Diigo has ways of automatically adding bookmarks to Delicious when you add them to Diigo, and I know there are ways using the API to add them from outside back into Diigo. The only hard part would be keeping track of edits. Anyway, Diigo is growing in popularity and they are working on improving their API so I hope there is room for development.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
OK.  Currently, we have a major pain with Delicious who has broken the ability for BookMacster and other software to establish new accounts by linking their logins to Yahoo! IDs.  The change, which was made without warning, requires us to write alot of new code, which they said would provide a framework for, which doesn't work, which they said they would fix, which they haven't.

Before going back to work on the Delicious Disaster, we'll look into adding Diigo first.  We were considering ma.gnolia too.  Are there any ex-Delicious Diigo or ma.gnolia fans out there?

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Yoni
Diigo sync
Jan 15th, 2010 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
Are there any plans to sync with Diigo? If I cannot sync (and I mean a 2-way sync) with Diigo, I am inclined to use xmarks or not use anything else at all.

If, however, you do enable or build a sync with Diigo, I (and many other users of Diigo) would gladly pay to use the software. This is a feature I have searched for extensively and is absolutely unavailable anywhere. Diigo's API is open so it shouldn't be hard to start working on if you want to. You may well run into problems with the clash between folders and tags (as everyone else who has tried with delicious), but since you have already done this sort of an interface with a tag to folder system, it may be relatively easy.

PLEASE consider it!!!

Thanks,
Yoni

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint