Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 0.9.1.1 deleting Bookmark Folders (Read 7437 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: 0.9.1.1 deleting Bookmark Folders
Reply #4 - Feb 15th, 2010 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Although we've not been able to discover the exact pathology of the "duplicates suddenly appearing" issue, version 0.9.13 has several bug fixes to the Import and Export operations which may fix this, and possibly the other issues you've seen.

Since 0.9.12 has now expired, you'll get 0.9.13 automatically by launching BookMacster.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: 0.9.11 deleting Bookmark Folders
Reply #3 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 5:08am
Print Post  
You've got quite a few serious issues there, Xyst.  Rather than sit here and write a paragraph on each one, I'd like to look at some of your data.  So I just updated our "Sending data to us" web page, explaining an easy method to do this with BookMacster:

http://www.sheepsystems.com/support/send_data/

I would say not to bother with the Trouble Zipper in this case.  Just read the BookMacster Files section; the .bkmslf file with as much Content as you are comfortable sending should give me quite a bit to chew on.

One short comment on the duplication of bookmarks.  This was discussed in another thread and has been similarly reported by two others, although neither they nor I have been able to reproduce it.  One person reported that after creating a new Bookmarkshelf, the problem never came back.  Another reported that the old Bookmarkshelf woke up one day and fixed itself.  I sort of know how it might happen but there is still one missing piece in the puzzle.  Maybe this time we'll crack it.

Thank you.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 4:47am
Print Post  
Hello, Xyst.  I was just preparing a reply to you.  It will take a few minutes.  In the meantime, in BookMacster click to the tab Settings ▸ Agents, un-check any Agents that are checked, and Save.  I'll be done with a more detailed reply in about 20 minutes.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Xyst
Reply #1 - Feb 10th, 2010 at 4:39am
Print Post  
I updated to 9.12 and am having the same problem.  Also, all bookmarks have been duplicated (at least!) and the find duplicate bookmark feature is no longer working.  It should be mentioned that the bookmarks are no longer available in the bookmarks menu in either Safari or Firefox.  Lastly, sorting bookmarks has ceased working as in this latest version as well.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Xyst
0.9.1.1 deleting Bookmark Folders
Feb 10th, 2010 at 4:18am
Print Post  
BookMacster Version: 0.9.1.1
Browsers being used: Safari 4.04 (with MobileMe) & Firefox 3.5.7
Computer: Mac Pro, 2 x 3Ghz Intel quadcore with 5GB ram @ 667Mhz.

Issue:  I've noticed that BookMacster is deleting all of the organizational folders for the bookmarks in both Safari and Firefox.  This will happen over the course of a day (sometimes multiple times a day).  It does not delete the Bookmarks thankfully, just the organizational structure.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint