Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) v 0.9.18 Window Pop-Ups (Read 12169 times)
F451
Re: v 0.9.18 Window Pop-Ups
Reply #8 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
The issue has not recurred with v0.9.21...so far. Thanks!

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #7 - Apr 8th, 2010 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
I've tried to make BookMacster or BookMacster-Worker produce an error like that, but can't.  What I see in your screenshot is Apple's default error dialog, which you should never see in any of our apps because I don't like that ugly boldface text they use, and they are usually quite uninformative, as in this case.  So we override them. 

I can produce an error dialog similar to that if I open AppleScript Editor and execute this script:

tell application "TextEdit" to open POSIX file "XXXXX"

but then the icon in the error dialog is of course that of TextEdit, not BookMacster.

In the latest version of BookMacster, 0.9.21, the icon for BookMacster-Worker is differentiated from that of the BookMacster main app by having a screwdriver through the holes in the bookmarks, like this:

So F451, when you have a few minutes, please see if you can still reproduce the problem.  If so, send me some more info...
  •   Create an email message or text attachment for me.
  •   In that message to Jerry, look carefully at the mini icon in the error dialog and tell me whether or not it has a screwdriver like that.
  •   Launch /Applications/Terminal.app.  Copy or paste in the command:
       ps -alxww
  •   Hit the return key.  A bunch of text will appear, listing the applications and processes that are running.  Just leave that window open.
  •   Click "OK" in the Error Dialog, to clear it.
  •   Now re-activate that Terminal.app window.  Hit the up-arrow key on your keyboard so that the command re-appears, then hit the return key again.  More text will appear.
  •   Select all text in the Terminal.app window, copy and paste it into the message to Jerry.  I want to see  if there was a process which was running before you cleared the error, which quit running after you cleared the error.
  •   Open /Applications/Utilities/Console.app.  A log window with title "All Messages" should appear.  Look at the latest entries, copy and paste into the message to Jerry if you find anything regarding BookMacster.
  •   Navigate in Finder to Home ▸ Library.  You'll find a folder named LaunchAgents.  It will probably contain a BookMacster file or two, and maybe a few other files created by other apps.  Right/secondary-click on the folder to get the contextual menu and click Compress "LaunchAgents".  It will create a zip file.  Add this zip file to the message to Jerry.
Then send me whatever you've collected.

Thank you.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #6 - Mar 31st, 2010 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
I see that your preferences refer to two Bookmarkshelves which are in fact the same file, but still cannot reproduce that error.

Will need put more info-gathering tricks in the next version.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #5 - Mar 30th, 2010 at 3:33am
Print Post  
F451 wrote on Mar 29th, 2010 at 9:46pm:
Sent, please check your email. Thanks!

After turning the Agent back on the symtom has returned in the latest version 0.9.19.
Thanks, F451; I got it.  Very strange.  It says you've got four .bkmslf files in your Home/Library/Application Support/BookMacster/Bookmarkshelf Documents/, two of which "cannot be found", but the one that's causing the trouble can be found.  I'll think about this some more tomorrow.  However, I have another idea to solve the problem: Go into that folder and trash any .bkmslf files which you're not using.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

F451
Reply #4 - Mar 29th, 2010 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
Jerry Krinock wrote on Mar 29th, 2010 at 1:10am:
We just published BookMacster 0.9.19 which you can get using Check for Update.  To F451, or anyone else who has seen this issue, please when you have a couple minutes, run BookMacster 0.9.19, in the menu click Help ▸ Log Alias Paths, then "Do" and send us the results as indicated.

Thank you!

Sent, please check your email. Thanks!

After turning the Agent back on the symtom has returned in the latest version 0.9.19.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Mar 29th, 2010 at 1:10am
Print Post  
We just published BookMacster 0.9.19 which you can get using Check for Update.  To F451, or anyone else who has seen this issue, please when you have a couple minutes, run BookMacster 0.9.19, in the menu click Help ▸ Log Alias Paths, then "Do" and send us the results as indicated.

Thank you!

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2010 at 5:28am
Print Post  
Hello again, F451.  The next version of BookMacster (to be published in a couple days) has a little tool built into it which will pinpoint the cause of this issue.

Did you deactivate the Agent, and if so did that stop the warnings from appearing?

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Mar 24th, 2010 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
Hello again F451,

This is weird.  It looks like a BookMacster Worker is being launched by an Agent, but instead of looking up the alias of the associated Bookmarkshelf identifier, it's trying to open the a file whose path is the identifier itself, and then one whose path is the trigger index itself  Of course, neither exist.

If it's getting annoying, launch BookMacster and in the menu click File ▸ Open Active Agent.  How many items are in the submenu?  Probably 1.  Open each, uncheck the "Active" and Save.  This should deactivate any Agents.

In the meantime, I'll try and figure out how this might be happening.

Jerry

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

F451
v 0.9.18 Window Pop-Ups
Mar 24th, 2010 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
I am starting to get these pop-up windows:

Followed by this window:

Using Safari is when it happens. Thanks in advance.

Safari Version 4.0.5 (6531.22.7)

Model Name: Mac Pro
      Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
      Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
      Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
      Number Of Processors: 2
      Total Number Of Cores: 8
      L2 Cache (per processor): 12 MB
      Memory: 10 GB
      Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz
      Boot ROM Version: MP31.006C.B05
      SMC Version (system): 1.25f4