Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bookdog's starting up without being a login item (Read 2895 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Bookdog's starting up without being a login item
Reply #1 - Apr 9th, 2010 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
yakamak wrote on Apr 9th, 2010 at 3:22pm:
Bookdog opens when I restart the computer. Safari is an auto-open login item, but Bookdog is not. I'd rather it not happen because it delays the process of getting going.
Well, I don't think that the update to Mac OS 10.5.8 had anything to do with this.  Also, by "not an auto-open login item", I presume you mean that when you look at System Preferences ▸ Accounts ▸ your account ▸ Login Items, that Bookdog is not in the list.  You may have Bookwatchdog in the list, but don't delete it directly; read on first.

What's probably happening is that you have a preference set in Bookdog to have Bookwatchdog sort some browser's bookmarks when you log in.  This will take a few seconds and indeed delay other processes.  It may also launch the Bookdog main application if you have further set it to find duplicates.

All these settings are in Bookdog's preferences.  Click the "Bookwatchdog" tool and make sure everything in the when I log in column is un-checked.  Other checkmarks, such as those under 3 minutes after I change... or when I quit browser, will cause Bookwatchdog to launch but not do anything.  This is much less time-consuming and is typically not noticed, but if you don't want any Bookwatchdog at all, uncheck everything.  This will also remove Bookwatchdog from your Login Items.

That should fix it, unless you have an Automator action or some Applescript set to run Bookdog upon login.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

yakamak
Bookdog's starting up without being a login item
Apr 9th, 2010 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
Since the most recent update to OS 10.5.8, Bookdog opens when I restart the computer. Safari is an auto-open login item, but Bookdog is not. I'd rather it not happen because it delays the process of getting going.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint