Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Delete "clients" (Read 5165 times)
Zettti
Re: Delete "clients"
Reply #3 - May 14th, 2010 at 10:37am
Print Post  
Hi Jerry,

Thanks, I found the Old-Skool account. It was indeed in Keychain and listed as del.icio.us.
That way I got rid of the other accounts as well. Thanks a lot!

The "list" is this one (the accounts listed there are now gone):
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6102/tmp/bookmacster_list.mov

Andreas

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - May 13th, 2010 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
First of all, I confirmed that the popup menus are populated by reading your Mac OS X Keychain.  Old Skool Delicious accounts may be listed under del.icio.us.  Launch Keychain Access and type simply "del" into the search field at the upper right.

But if you create a new Bookmarkshelf, you are starting over.  What's in the popup is not in your Bookmarkshelf.  It's what's available on your Mac account.  The only clients in your bookmarkshelf are those that are listed in either Import or Export table when you click Save.  Think of it like this: On the rare occasion that I want to print a document in some app, I get a Print dialog in which I can select a printer.  But these printers are not in my document.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - May 13th, 2010 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Zettti wrote on May 13th, 2010 at 11:03pm:
I've got a weird problem ... application lists my Google Bookmarks and "Old-Skool" Delicious account
When you say "lists", are you referring to the popup menu when you click a Client in table in Settings ▸ Clients?

even when I've deleted the preference files of BookMacster.
That is expected, because as you later suggested, I believe that BookMacster looks in your Keychain to populate that menu.

I don't have any Keychain entries created, especially, for Google Bookmarks.
I'm going to doublecheck how that popup gets populated.  But the Mac OS X Keychain can be elusive.  You might have more than you think you do in there.

In the meantime, please clarify about what "lists" you mean.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Zettti
Delete "clients"
May 13th, 2010 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I've got a weird problem. In BookMacster I can create new Bookmarkshelf's just fine - no problem there. But the application lists my Google Bookmarks and "Old-Skool" Delicious account even when I've deleted the preference files of BookMacster.
I don't have any Keychain entries created, especially, for Google Bookmarks. So I'm a bit confused, what is happening here. It seems like I can't get rid off "old" things and start from scratch - which I intended to do.

Best,
Andreas

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint