Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Thank you (Read 4115 times)
zorglub
Ex Member
Re: Thank you
Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2010 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Cool, thank you!

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Thank you
Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2010 at 11:48am
Print Post  
splendidrust wrote on Aug 12th, 2010 at 12:46pm:
I'd like to request two features:
I'm adding your first comment as a feature request too.  So you're requesting three features  Smiley

• One irritation is the need for an extra click to re-collapse the target folder I've dragged a bookmark into.  I hold down the option key to prevent expansion before the drop.  Expanding the folder after the drop is a nuisance: if I'm sorting a big pile of bookmarks, the target bookmarkshelf requires scrolling after a few drops (unless I manually re-collapse the folders).  I think you do the expansion so the user can see that the move took effect.  Maybe you could provide some other visual hint (such as flash the target folder a couple of times).
  • The ability to visit multiple URLS in tabs instead of different windows.
  • It would be nice if you could mark bookmarks so they browser visits them in private mode.  For browsers like safari that support only a global option, instead of the window-at-a-time option of Chrome, visiting multiple links (with only some private ones) should probably turn on that global option.
I added all three requests to the lists, although the second and third may require scripting or extension support that will not be available in all browsers

Lastly, the performance is satisfactory, but just barely. If it was slower it wouldn't be usable on my older Mac (2.5 GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook pro). A speed improvement would be very welcome.
"Satisfactory" was the idea.  Since BookMacster is not a video editor, we developed in the conventional way, putting the emphasis on getting the features out the door without bugs.  Several performance bottlenecks were discovered and have been fixed in BookMacster 1.1 which was released yesterday to a few beta testers.  However, these all improve performance doing specific thing in specific situations, and this is the way that performance is improved.  There's no fix to improve performance in general.  So, after you (or anyone) get BookMacster 1.1.x (you'll have to wait a week or so since the current beta does not open Bookmarkshelf files made on previous versions), if there's something you do which you feel takes too long, jot down the conditions and steps to reproduce, and post on this forum or email to us.

Thanks for the feedback!

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

zorglub
Ex Member
Thank you
Aug 12th, 2010 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
I bought BookMacster a few days ago, and I love it: thank you for writing it.

Thank you also for deciding to keep support for multiple bookmarkshelves. Like several other commenters, I find support for multiple bookmarkshelves essential.  I've got too many bookmarks for too many purposes, used under entirely different circumstances, to be remotely satisfied with a single file. Currently I've got three bookmarkshelves, and I wouldn't be surprised if I end up with more.

I'm especially glad I can move bookmarks between bookmarkshelves.  One irritation is the need for an extra click to re-collapse the target folder I've dragged a bookmark into.  I hold down the option key to prevent expansion before the drop.  Expanding the folder after the drop is a nuisance: if I'm sorting a big pile of bookmarks, the target bookmarkshelf requires scrolling after a few drops (unless I manually re-collapse the folders).  I think you do the expansion so the user can see that the move took effect.  Maybe you could provide some other visual hint (such as flash the target folder a couple of times).

I'd like to request two features:
* The ability to visit multiple URLS in tabs instead of different windows.
* It would be nice if you could mark bookmarks so they browser visits them in private mode.  For browsers like safari that support only a global option, instead of the window-at-a-time option of Chrome, visiting multiple links (with only some private ones) should probably turn on that global option.

Lastly, the performance is satisfactory, but just barely. If it was slower it wouldn't be usable on my older Mac (2.5 GHz Core 2 Duo MacBook pro). A speed improvement would be very welcome.

Thank you!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint