Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Backups of Backups#####... (Read 5159 times)
-shs-
Re: Backups of Backups#####...
Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2010 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Jerry,
No, you’re correct in your diagnosis. Attached is the file. A few other notes for your investigation. Whether the file opens concurrently with browsers (Keyboard Maestro launch macro) or in standalone mode, the application consistently takes 25-30 seconds for the beachball to disappear and give me access to the file. The BM icon appears in the menu bar. When quitting, the program asks me to save changes twice. Once normally, to save changes; the other with the warning that another application has changed the file. Do Not Save is the highlighted choice. Using the DNS choice does not quit the application successfully. Only SAVE results in a clean quit. Again, there are currently no agents enabled.
-SS-

BookMacster_Trouble_003.zip (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Backups of Backups#####...
Reply #1 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
-shs- wrote on Oct 30th, 2010 at 7:51pm:
Is there a facility for either limiting the number of back-up files that this program creates. They’re propagating by the dozens, and I’m not sure why. All automatic import/export/sort routines are disabled. The main file is stored in DropBox‘s root directory, and there are no other subscribers to that folder, yet.
Searches through the forum, preferences, settings, and the Help file came up empty.
Thanks.
If you mean that you are getting Bookmarkshelf files alongside the current file, like this…

Bookmarkshelf-001.bkmslf
Bookmarkshelf-001#.bkmslf
Bookmarkshelf-001##.bkmslf
Bookmarkshelf-001###.bkmslf

These are not normal backup files.  It means that every time BookMacster opens that file, it is finding something wrong, and fixing it, but apparently the next time it opens, something is wrong again.  If you could please run our Trouble Zipper to send me this bookmarkshelf and other logs, etc., we'll figure out what the problem is.
  • In the menu click Help ▸ Trouble Zipper.  Trouble Zipper may take a few seconds to download.  Trouble Zipper will launch automatically.
  • For Question F (Files), select the .bkmslf file that keeps getting ###
  • Send me the resulting .zip as instructed.
If you mean something else, tell me more; where these backups are occuring, etc.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

-shs-
Backups of Backups#####...
Oct 30th, 2010 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Is there a facility for either limiting the number of back-up files that this program creates. They’re propagating by the dozens, and I’m not sure why. All automatic import/export/sort routines are disabled. The main file is stored in DropBox‘s root directory, and there are no other subscribers to that folder, yet.
Searches through the forum, preferences, settings, and the Help file came up empty.
Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint