Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The simplest settings to sort Alphabetically? (Read 6228 times)
Graig
Re: The simplest settings to sort Alphabetically?
Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Thanks Jerry, if there is a way to reset the File - Quick Export  - Export Bookmarklet to - Safari: (Your Settings) back to what it was before I saved it, I will do it, otherwise on your instruction I will leave it  alone. Hope you don't mind all the questions, but this is quite complex. Thanks, Graig

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Graig wrote on Nov 15th, 2010 at 6:51pm:
I think you got it right, I hope i was clear enough. I must admit that I had exported to File - Export Bookmarklet to - Safari: Your Settings) but NOT to Safari (Default Settings) I hope doing this did not cause a problem.
Actually, for a normal export you should be using the regular Export in the Bookmarkshelf menu, not the Quick Export in the File menu.  However, since you only have one Client, they do pretty much the same thing.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Graig
Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
I think you got it right, I hope i was clear enough. I must admit that I had exported to File - Export Bookmarklet to - Safari: Your Settings) but NOT to Safari (Default Settings) I hope doing this did not cause a problem. Thanks for your help, Graig

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
Graig wrote on Nov 15th, 2010 at 5:01pm:
I am running only the Safari client. I want to sort with selected bookmarks untouched in the bookmarks bar
To do that, in BookMacster, in the Content tab, look at the Bookmarks Bar to see if it is set to be "Sorted" or "Unsorted" as depicted here:

http://sheepsystems.com/bookmacster/HelpBook/iconsIndFoldSort

If it is "sorted", change it to unsorted by using either the keyboard shortcut ⌘7, the contextual menu or the Inspector as described here:

http://sheepsystems.com/bookmacster/HelpBook/settngIndvdlFldrsExplctl

Then, arrange the items in the Bookmarks Bar manually as you would like, and BookMacster.  Click FileSave.  BookMacster won't move them any more.

Graig wrote on Nov 15th, 2010 at 5:01pm:
and the rest sorted alphabetically with folders at the top.
There is only one setting for this which affects all the sorted folders in the entire Bookmarkshelf (and Safari bookmarks in your case).  But since your Bookmarks Bar is not going to be sorted any more, it won't affect your Bookmarks Bar.  It's described here:

http://sheepsystems.com/bookmacster/HelpBook/folders85938595Bookmarks

As always, in order to see the effect of Sort settings such as this in web browser(s), you need to (1) sort the bookmarks  by clicking in the menu BookmarkshelfSort All, and then (2) export to Client(s) – only Safari, in your case, by clicking in the menu BookmarkshelfExport (Safari).

Reply and let me know if I misunderstood what you want.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Graig
The simplest settings to sort Alphabetically?
Nov 15th, 2010 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
I am running only the Safari client. I want to sort with selected bookmarks untouched in the bookmarks bar and the rest sorted alphabetically with folders at the top. I have been working at this with some good results but have not quite got it down to the quickest, easiest settings as is not always the same result. Can anyone help a bit with this?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint