Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What is bookmaster? (Read 6708 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: What is bookmaster?
Reply #3 - Nov 26th, 2010 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Oh, and I forgot to say "Thank you for the feedback".  We do plan to get that HTML export feature in there one of these days!

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

share_inspiration
Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2010 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Thank you for your reply. I hope I did not sound offensive. The nature of asynchronous communication is as such. Please pardon me. Thank you!

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
share_inspiration wrote on Nov 23rd, 2010 at 8:54am:
Also, I can put notes on each bookmark using the inspector, right?
Yes.  BookMacster supports Comments

I want to be able to export the bookmarks with little notes about each one and save as a file. I want this file to have all bookmarks and notes nicely arranged so I can copy and paste the contents of this file on my web page under my "useful links" page.

Can I do this with Bookmaster?
No, because BookMacster does not support an HTML Export feature.  It's been on the list of things to do.  I poked around for a few minutes and found that the Opera web browser supports both HTML Export and Comments, which they call Descriptions.  So if you want to do this now, you could work around the current limitation by doing this:
  • Download and install Opera from http://.opera.com/.
  • Launch Opera once (to create a bookmarks file)
  • Quit Opera.
  • Launch BookMacster.
  • Open the Bookmarkshelf Document which has the bookmarks you want to export.
  • Add Comments and otherwise arrange as desired.
  • Click the tab SettingsClients.
  • Add Opera as a Client.
  • Click in the menu Bookmarkshelf ▸ Export (Opera).
  • Launch Opera.
  • In Opera's menu click FileImport and ExportExport Bookmarks as HTML

Then, can someone tell me why I should use this program or how I can benefit from using this program?
That's described on the product web page.  If what you want to do is not included and you bought it from Sheep Systems directly, send an email to sales@sheepsystems.com and request a refund.  If you bought it in TheMacBundles, they give refunds too.

But I guess you can say it is not very intuitive?
We're always working on making it more intuitive and appreciate the feedback, but different people will always have somewhat different intuitions.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

share_inspiration
What is bookmaster?
Nov 23rd, 2010 at 8:54am
Print Post  
I need help. I can't understand the purpose of this program (BookMaster) (I paid for it though). I want to be able to export the bookmarks with little notes about each one and save as a file. I want this file to have all bookmarks and notes nicely arranged so I can copy and paste the contents of this file on my web page under my "useful links" page.

Can I do this with Bookmaster?

Also, I can put notes on each bookmark using the inspector, right?

Then, can someone tell me why I should use this program or how I can benefit from using this program?

I am just a little confused. I have read all the help sections and I have tried experimenting with the program. But I guess you can say it is not very intuitive?

Sincerely,

share_inspiration

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint