Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Sort only subfolders to top (Read 4682 times)
Rich Blackburn
Re: Sort only subfolders to top
Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Jerry, thank you.  Your message is most sufficient and looks like it will provide what I want. 

I want to also say that I have worked with what I consider some top notch tech support gurus and I can unequivocally state that the post I read about how easy you feel your Help should be is unsurpassed; i.e., if one feels he should print out the Help, then the Help has failed.

That one post you made tells me all I need to know about the attitude you have toward your application, your support, and your opinion of your users.  Although I don't expect you to work on weekends, I know you monitor your email because every problem your customers have is a stab in your heart.  I feel that way about the applications I support.

Thank you for your extreme professionalism!

Rich Blackburn

P.S.  I tried Ctrl+s to post, but it didn't work.  I must have done something wrong.  Besides, I prefer the Post Message button.  Cool

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Sort only subfolders to top
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Hello Rich,

Rich Blackburn wrote on Jan 8th, 2011 at 12:35pm:
Is it possible to do this with BM?
Well, these things are complicated to describe, and I'm not sure if the answer is "Yes" or "Mostly Yes".  Instead of going into the details, I've posted below this message a screenshot which points out the various controls that BookMacster has to do this.  The controls in the Settings ▸ Sorting tab apply to all folders in the Bookmarkshelf Document, while those in the Inspector can be set individually for each folder to over-ride the Settings ▸ Sorting.

So, the answer is that you can do whatever these controls make possible.

SortingControls.png ( 99 KB | 331 Downloads )
SortingControls.png

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Rich Blackburn
Sort only subfolders to top
Jan 8th, 2011 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Within a given folder, I have subfolders and bookmarks.  I would like to keep the order of bookmarks (not sorted), but I would also like to have the folders sorted together above the bookmarks.  I would also like to keep the order of the contents of the subfolders unaffected. (I'm not even sure if I am being reasonable.)

I started to do this manually by dragging the subfolders in Safari, but I have trouble making them to be at the proper level.

Is it possible to do this with BM?

Thanks,
Rich

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint