Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New folder contents don't export right (Read 3650 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: New folder contents don't export right
Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2011 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
Here is the resolution of the problem which I sent privately to Tim last week:

In Settings ▸ Clients ▸ Chrome ▸ Advanced ▸ Export ▸ Merging, "Keep matched item from" is set to "Chrome".   This means that if the Ticketmaster bookmark was originally in "Entertainment" in Chrome, and if you created that "Tickets" subfolder in BookMacster, moved the Ticketmaster bookmark into it, and exported, BookMacster would merge the two and "Keep the matched item from Chrome", which is the one in "Entertainment".  In other words, it's behaving as expected, given the Settings.

To my chagrin, however, I just created a new Bookmarkshelf and noted that "Keep matched item from Chrome" is the *default* setting.  I may think about this some more, but at this time I believe it's a bug.  The default setting for Export should be "Keep matched item from Bookmarkshelf".

The default behavior should be that when you export from a Bookmarkshelf, the bookmarks in the destination browser mirror the Bookmarkshelf.  The default setting will be changed in the next version of BookMacster, version 1.3.15.

This solved the problem for Tim.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: New folder contents don't export right
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Thank you for the report, Tim.

TimInBC wrote on Jan 10th, 2011 at 10:00pm:
Screenshots attached. Did I miss something?
I don't know yet.  I see what you mean, and I see that there are several other extra bookmarks in that folder also.

What happens if you click on that "Tickets" subfolder in Chrome?  Are there any bookmarks in it?

One thing that might cause this issue is if your export was not deleting unmatched items, as is the default.  Click the Settings ▸ Clients tab, then click the "gear" button at the right edge of the "Chrome" entry.  Look in the "Export" section.  "Delete Unmatched Items" should be checked ON.

If that does not explain the problem, for a faster resolution, if you don't mind sending me your data, click in the menu Help ▸ Trouble Zipper.  Trouble Zipper takes a couple seconds to download, then just click through the process.  For Question B (Bookmarks), answer "Include Bookmarks", then select "Chrome".

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

TimInBC
New folder contents don't export right
Jan 10th, 2011 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Hello. Using trial version 1.3.10, and liking it. But just before I buy ... I created a soft folder B within existing folder A, then  moved two existing bookmarks into B. Looks fine in BookMacster. Exported to Chrome. They went across OK but the bookmarks fell out of folder B and were stored at the same level as folder B. Screenshots attached. Did I miss something?

folderglitch.jpg ( 139 KB | 370 Downloads )
folderglitch.jpg

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint