Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Items Misplaced during Import or Export (Read 4280 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Items Misplaced during Import or Export
Reply #2 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
I think we found the issue here.  Clients have two Advanced Settings, named Keep matched item from.  There is one for Import and one for Export.  By default, these are each set to keep the item from the source, which is what most people expect, such that after you import/export from A to B, B looks like A.  Until BookMacster 1.3.15, the default setting for Export was wrong.

If you are now using BookMacster 1.3.15 or later, and have not tweaked any of the other Advanced Settings, the quickest and most reliable fix is to simply delete the Client and re-create a new one.

For those who prefer a more gentle scalpel, or for those "engineers" who prefer to verify a problem before fixing it,
  • In the toolbar, click "Settings".
  • In the tab-bar, click "Clients".
  • Click the "gear" icon button to "Show Advanced Settings" for the Client in question.
  • Repeat the above steps for any other misbehaving Clients.
The correct, new default settings are as shown in the attached screenshot.

AdvClientDefaults.png ( 61 KB | 297 Downloads )
AdvClientDefaults.png

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Items Misplaced during Import or Export
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2011 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
[quote author=4862776647766D6F627A030 link=1298575357/0#0 date=1298575357]Hi, I'm a new user so maybe I'm missing something, but I moved my bookmarks to where I want them in BookMacster and then exported, but it doesn't make all the changes in Safari[/quote]Hello, katedu.  These can be tricky sometimes.  Please give me a specific example of a bookmark which started in folder X, and you think should have went to folder Y in Safari, but instead Z happened.  It might be better to do email support on this if you want to send a screenshot, etc.
[quote author=4862776647766D6F627A030 link=1298575357/0#0 date=1298575357]Do you think I should reinstall BookMacster?[/quote]No, although although MS Windows users like to spend their weekends reinstalling things, this is rarely the problem on a Mac  ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2011 at 6:00pm by Jerry Krinock »  

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Katedu
Items Misplaced during Import or Export
Feb 24th, 2011 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Hi, I'm a new user so maybe I'm missing something, but I moved my bookmarks to where I want them in BookMacster and then exported, but it doesn't make all the changes in Safari, even though it is set to export to Safari (my default browser). Actually, it didn't quite get Firefox right either, but close enough that I just had to tweak a few things. I have tried quitting everything and reopening but no go. Do you think I should reinstall BookMacster?
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2011 at 6:00pm by Jerry Krinock »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint