Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Angry! (Read 5157 times)
Assegai
Re: Angry!
Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2011 at 12:24pm
Print Post  
My sincere apologies to BookMacster and Jerry.  It turns out this problem was much of my own making - with some help from Chrome!   I installed Chrome recently and either it defaulted to Sync - or I turned it on - and it is responsible for trashing my bookmarks.  My anger was unwarranted and Jerry has worked diligently with me on this issue and I thank him for his attention and patience.

IP Logged

Assegai
Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2011 at 2:09pm
Print Post  
I am not using MobileMe nor iSync - I have sent an email to your support with a trouble zip.
I am using Safari, Firefox and recently added Chrome, just to try it as it is reported to be faster.  Both Safari and Firefox now have a list of mostly empty folders in Bookmarks except for one folder, "Imported from Safari," which seems to have all my Safari bookmarks in un-ordered or categorized form.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2011 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Normally, I suspect iSync/MobileMe for Safari issues, but iSync is more likely to restore unwanted bookmarks, not delete wanted bookmarks.

You could easily delete all your Safari bookmarks with BookMacster by clicking Delete All Content and then doing an Export to Safari.

If you need any help getting your Safari bookmarks back, let us know.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Assegai
Angry!
Apr 18th, 2011 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
I am really angry - I have been trying to use the program for several months and have had many problems - today I find that all my Safari Bookmarks have disappeared!  WTF!
The setup is so complex that it is impossible to work with.  I am deleting BookMacster before it does anymore damage.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint