Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 1.5 and Chromium still having to be quit (Read 4577 times)
FatalError
Ex Member
Re: 1.5 and Chromium still having to be quit
Reply #2 - May 26th, 2011 at 6:32am
Print Post  
Great, That was the setting  I was looking for. Slowly BookMacster is becoming somewhat feature complete. Congratulations Jerry. Imo, not having to kill each browser for a sync is a major step in the right direction.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: 1.5 and Chromium still having to be quit
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2011 at 8:56pm
Print Post  
?ô wrote on May 25th, 2011 at 6:12am:
So I tried again and now BookMacster prompted me to install the widget needed, to perform the syncing without quitting chromium. After installing it's now performing as advised.
Just to clarify for other readers, what it asked you to install is what we call the Chromium Browser Add-On, which is in fact a Plug-In plus an Extension.  The Bookmarking Widget is a button that appears in Chromium if, later, in BookMacster, you click PreferencesAdding, and check the box.  You probably have the Add-On but not the Widget.

?ô wrote on May 25th, 2011 at 6:12am:
I still have another question though. I remember earlier whenever I opened BookMacster, it automatically opened the last Bookmarkshelf. Now when I open BM, I see nothing and first have to go to File > Recent to select my bookmarkshelf.
That should not have changed.  In that Bookmarkshelf, click in the toolbar SettingsOpen/Save and check the top box, Automatically open this document when BookMacster launches.

When you create a New Bookmarkshelf, if you don't already have a Recent Bookmarkshelf, BookMacster ticks that ON by default.  But for a second or third Bookmarkshelf, it asks you.  I don't there was anything in version 1.5 that would have "ticked it OFF".

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

FatalError
Ex Member
1.5 and Chromium still having to be quit
May 25th, 2011 at 6:12am
Print Post  
Hey Jerry,

long list of fixes and improvments for 1.5. Congratulations on that. My first test considering Chromium having to quit for import / export failed. I did import / export once with chromium but after restarting BookMacster, it still tells me to quit Chromium, whenever I select "Import".

Am I missing something or approaching things not as they are thought to be approached?

cheers,
FE

UPDATE: I just read: "When quitting Chromium in order to perform an Import or Export operation, if the user OKs installation of the Extension, for the next such Import or Export, Chromium no longer needs to be quit.  (The Internet Plug-in which is installed along with the Extension now works with Chromium as well as with Google Chrome.)"

So I tried again and now BookMacster prompted me to install the widget needed, to perform the syncing without quitting chromium. After installing it's now performing as advised.

Thanks for adding this great functionality. Makes your software much more usable.

I still have another question though. I remember earlier whenever I opened BookMacster, it automatically opened the last Bookmarkshelf. Now when I open BM, I see nothing and first have to go to File > Recent to select my bookmarkshelf.

For people like me who only use one bookmarkshelf that is rather time killing behavior. Can I change that?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint