Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic bookmacster 1.5.3 - clients setting misbehavior (Read 6593 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: bookmacster 1.5.3 - clients setting misbehavior
Reply #4 - May 30th, 2011 at 2:40am
Print Post  
Howard sent us his data, and indeed it was broken in 5.1.3 but is fixed (Clients reappeared and have not gone away) when launched in the next version (5.1.4) which is in the lab.  We need to see if we can understand what happened, though.

Anyone who is having this problem, just check back here, or Check for Update in BookMacster, tomorrow.  Do not delete Preferences or Application Support.  Do not restart.  Do not reset your PRAM.  etc.

(Hey, I love those people on forums who try and see how many points they can rack up by answering "Try resetting the PRAM" to every issue.  We don't have any of those people here, but then we don't give points.  Grin)

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - May 30th, 2011 at 1:40am
Print Post  
Howard,

Please run the Trouble Zipper program and send us your data so I could try and reproduce this.  In BookMacster, click in the menu Help ▸ Trouble Zipper.  When answering the questions, we'd need at least the subject .bkmslf file.

Thanks very much.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

howard
Reply #2 - May 30th, 2011 at 1:34am
Print Post  
I'm seeing the same thing. I can set my three clients (Safari, FF, Camino), then when i quit and restart, all are gone, and the content list for clients shows none,

Also, once i set the clients, it takes several passes of command-U for all the clients to show on all bookmarks. Quit, reopen, and poof, all gone.

I tried deleting all bookmarks from the clients, deleting sheep prefs, nothing helped.

BM 1.5.3, OS 10.6.7

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2011 at 12:01am
Print Post  
Hello rlw,

I'd also like to know if anyone has seen that.  I've been using BookMacster all day for the last week and have not, and neither do we have any issues like that in  our email support.

Let me see if I have this correctly:
  • Close a bookmarkshelf that has N clients.
  • Later, re-open it.
  • Some clients are missing.
  • Click the (+) button.
  • The missing clients reappear, with additional clients with names such as "Google Bookmarks" and "In Progress".

Maybe there's something in your data that triggers this, and the expeditious way to find that out is to send us your data.  Click in the BookMacster's menu Help ▸ Trouble Zipper.  I understand that you don't have the problem any more since downgrading to 1.3.18, but theoretically if I upgrade your data by running it in 1.5 I should see it too.

Again, we'd like to hear from any others experiencing this.

Thanks.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

rlw
Ex Member
bookmacster 1.5.3 - clients setting misbehavior
May 28th, 2011 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
Bookmacster v1.5.3 continues to lose it clients setting. Upon selecting the "+" icon, the list reappears with added (and undesired) listings for mysterious clients (e.g., google bookmarks, in progress, et al). Has this situation been identified by others? Interim corrective action was to fall back to v1.3.18 which does not present the problem.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint