Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Exporting live bookmarks to Chrome (BM 1.5.3) (Read 5836 times)
am2112
Re: Exporting live bookmarks to Chrome (BM 1.5.3)
Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2011 at 12:26am
Print Post  
I have confirmed upgrading BookMacster to 1.5.4 fixed the problem as well as another problem that somehow no "Clients" is shown when it starts up (although hidden clients are shown by clicking the [+] button).

Thanks!

IP Logged

am2112
Reply #3 - May 31st, 2011 at 1:43am
Print Post  
Thanks for the quick and detailed response.

I tried it again with BookMacster 1.5.4 on a different computer which I use at office and the problem wasn't reproduced.
It exported each live bookmark as a normal bookmark to a feed URL just as I expect.

I'll give 1.5.4 a try at home tonight and post here if the problem still persists.  Thanks.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - May 30th, 2011 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Hello again, am.

I understand how this can and did happen in earlier versions of Bookdog and BookMacster, but for me, at this time, it works properly.  See if you can see in the following screenshots anything that you think I should do differently in order to get an empty folder as you do.

Live Bookmark in Firefox:

Client settings in BookMacster:

BookMacster Content after importing from Firefox.  Note the RSS article names in the tooltip box, as expected:

Bookmarks Manager in Chrome, after receiving an Export from BookMacster:

The Live Bookmark appears to be a regular bookmark with a URL, as expected, because Chrome does not support Live Bookmarks.  Anyhow, it is not an empty folder.

If you don't see any difference in our setups, zip us your data and we'll try and reproduce the problem.  To do that, in BookMacster click in the menu Help ▸ Trouble Zipper and follow instructions.  For Question B (Bookmarks), click "Include Bookmarks" and then select Firefox + Chrome.  For Question F (Files), include the Bookmarkshelf (.bkmslf) file that you're using to do the import and export.

Thanks.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2011 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Thank you for the report, am.  We'll look into this later today.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

am2112
Exporting live bookmarks to Chrome (BM 1.5.3)
May 30th, 2011 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
I've just upgraded BookMacster to 1.5.3 from the 1.3 series and found that each live bookmark imported from Firefox gets exported to Chrome as an empty folder.

Is there any configuration item I can tweak to fix the problem?

Thanks in Advance.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint