Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Exclude Bookmarks from Synching (Read 7042 times)
Charltan
Re: Exclude Bookmarks from Synching
Reply #4 - Oct 12th, 2011 at 7:44am
Print Post  
Thanks. I just sent you the requested info (error log + Safari identifier).

Chris

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
It looks like maybe BookMacster is trying to upload your 1P Logins Bookmarklet.  Instead of sending all of your data to us, you can do what I was going to do when I got your data.  Open your Bookmarkshelf and
  • Show the Inspector.
  • Select your 1Password Logins bookmark.
  • Show the Identifiers (Advanced) drawer.
  • Examine this bookmark's identifier for "Safari".

A regular Safari bookmark will have a string of 32 characters as you see in my screenshot, except there will be 4 dashes, i.e.

B7A2DB532939-40D59083-DBA5-0660-6DFF

or something like that.  The lack of dashes is how BookMacster recognizes this as a 1Password Logins bookmarklet which should not be exported.  What do you see?  If you see no Safari identifier, that would explain the problem too.  In any case, you can copy all of the text from that drawer with Edit ▸ Copy and send it to us.

Here's another useful thing you could do without sending us your all data
  • Launch BookMacster
  • Click in the menu BookMacster ▸ Logs.
  • Click the Errors tab, select that "-65" error, then click the life preserver icon in the upper left.  It will compose an email message to us containing the details of the error.
  • If the error info is too long, it might create a file and ask you to attach it. 

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Charltan
Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
Exactly it is the 1P Logins Bookmark. The output in the error window in BM is very long as it lists the full bookmarklet javascript code.

But now it won't upload anything due to an Error -65. Maybe I should wait some hours. I'll let you know the results.

Thanks for your fast response!

Chris

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Hello Chris,

This shouldn't be happening.  There have been two "1Password bookmarklets".

• The old 1Password bookmarklet, which has not been used in current versions of 1Password since at least back to 2008.

• The so-called Safari Logins Bookmarklet, which is used to sync to iOS devices and is named 1Password Logins by default

By design, BookMacster does not export either of these to Pinboard or any other web service.  I just tested this with a Safari Logins Bookmarklet created by the latest version 3.8.8 of 1Password.  It worked – the Safari Logins Bookmarklet was omitted when I exported to Pinboard.

What do you mean by "takes too many strings"?

You could send us your data, at least a redacted Bookmarkshelf containing that 1Password bookmarklet, and I'll check it out and make sure that it's working in your case.  Sending the 1Password bookmarklet should be safe to do since it is encrypted, and indeed it had better be.  Procedure for sending us your data is given here:

http://www.sheepsystems.com/support/send_data/

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Charltan
Exclude Bookmarks from Synching
Oct 11th, 2011 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Hi
I have a problem with a 1Password bookmarklet and sync with Pinboard. As the bookmark is a javascript bookmarklet it takes too many strings. But the bookmark itself is very vital for me. Is there any way to just exclude this bookmark from syncing?
If this feature is not present anywhere, please handle this as feature request.

Chris

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint