Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) How to Save Multiple Open Tabs? (Read 9715 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: How to Save Multiple Open Tabs?
Reply #9 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Well, there are two issues.  The first issue is just exporting; the second is syncing.

The answer is that both are issues for any browser.

In Firefox and Chrome, we deal with the first issue by using browser extensions when the browser is running, and deal with the second issue by not allowing Chrome Sync or Firefox Sync to be used when BookMacster is also syncing via Dropbox or other online file syncing service.

The issues with Roccat would be the same.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

angleman2
Reply #8 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Wouldn't this be the same issue with like Chrome or Firefoxs bookmark exchange/sync.

IP Logged

angleman2
Reply #7 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
I see well I don't know enough about it i'll leave that to you guys   Cheesy

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Yes, but if BookMacster would change their plist data too, then the Roccat app needs to decide which one to believe.  It can get dicey.  We'll look into it.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

angleman2
Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 3:39pm
Print Post  
I believe it just sends the plist data to the cloud, and obviously sends it back if you restore.

I think (i'm not the most computer literate person in the world so not 100%)

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 3:32pm
Print Post  
Another possible downside is that, depending on how they implemented it, if the RClouds system saves bookmarks, it may be incompatible with BookMacster.  We'll have to see.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

angleman2
Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
May I suggest you try the browser Roccat (it's what I use) they have a feature called RClouds which backs up your open tabs (also bookmarks and history and settings) to there RClouds system. you can then reset roccat so it's completely empty and can restore those tabs etc... whenever you like, it's also a versioning of backups so you can back up various sets of tabs and restore as and when you wish.

go to runecats dot com

The only down side is the Bookmacster doesn't support it (which is actually why I have created an account as I want to request it's support).

IP Logged

BookishGuy
Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the quick response, Jerry. I've been very occupied so haven't checked the post until now.

I use the icon in the menu bar. I haven't explored the use of the other methods yet.

Doing research can collect an abundance of tabs, which I do daily. But the collection of tabs must be saved for a future date to continue the research as needed. Also, Firefox and other browsers come to a crawl with many windows and tabs open. (I know several friends/associates who have "too many" windows and tabs and need to save in Firefox, OmniWeb, and Opera to continue using the browser.)

Since my last post, I tried exporting BM's bookmarks to the browsers, then going to Firefox's Save All Tabs, then reimporting to BM. Way too much trouble!! Embarrassed

Thanks again for your help and consideration.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2011 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Recent versions of Safari have a menu item entitled, for example, Add Bookmarks for these 15 tabs (or however many tabs you have open).  Firefox has a similar item, Bookmark All Tabs.

I presume that you are adding bookmarks to BookMacster directly, using one of BookMacster's bookmarking tools…
  • Status Menulet (BookMacster icon in menu bar)
  • BookMacster's Dock Menu
  • BookMacster's Add Quickly and Add & Inspect menu items in Firefox
  • BookMacster's toolbar button in Google Chrome
  • the BookMacsterize bookmarklet
You would like to be able to add all open tabs directly to your BookMacster Bookmarkshelf using some of these methods.  Am I correct?

If so, the answer is that none of BookMacster's direct-bookmarking methods have that feature.  You must activate the tabs one at a time, and then click the appropriate tool to add each one.

Personally, I've never wanted to Bookmark All Tabs, but I suppose that since both Apple and Mozilla have added this feature, you're not alone.  Would you like us to add that feature?  Which of the above tools do you use?

This feature would add more menu items and modifier-key options to BookMacster's various bookmarking tools.  It should be technically possible to get the tabs from Safari, Firefox, and Chrome, at least.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

BookishGuy
How to Save Multiple Open Tabs?
Oct 29th, 2011 at 12:18am
Print Post  
I've searched the docs and forum as well as BM's menus & prefs. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to save a window full of tabs ala Firefox and Safari.

All help much appreciated.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint