Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic NetNewsWire, AppleScript support now available (Read 6317 times)
schnide
Re: NetNewsWire, AppleScript support now available
Reply #3 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Works like a champ! Many thanks.
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2012 at 7:49pm by Jerry Krinock »  

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 6:20am
Print Post  
The improved script is attached.  To download it, click the link above my signature on this message.
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:51pm by Jerry Krinock »  

NNW-to-BookMacster.scpt ( 10 KB | 551 Downloads )

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

schnide
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Morning,

Many many thanks Jerry. I am not sure if anyone else was asking for this but I very much appreciate it.
I have another question, this works fine when reading the headlines. Is there a way to do this in one of
the tabs that are open in NetNewsWire? If you hit a return on one of the headlines listed in the reader,
it can open that web page in a tab in NetNewsWire. Is there a way to save that page open in the tab
to BookMaster? I tried it from a tab and it tells me me nothing selected.
Please let me know if I can provide further information.

Thanks again for a fantastic product and it was great meeting you at Macworld. Hope you got a lot of sales!

Joe

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
NetNewsWire, AppleScript support now available
Feb 17th, 2012 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
Attached to this post for your downloading pleasure is an AppleScript which grabs the selected headline in NetNewsWire and lands it in BookMacster as a new bookmark.  It is named NNW-to-BookMacster.scpt and appears just above my signature.  Edit Feb 20: Please download the improved script in Reply #2 of this thread which can now capture any tab in NetNewsWire instead of just the selected headline.

You may put this script in your NetNewsWire Scripts folder.  Alternatively, you may run it from QuicKeys, LaunchBar, or your favorite script launcher.

This file has been saved as an old-fashioned script (.scpt) because NetNewsWire does not seem to recognize modern script bundles (.scptd) when populating its Scripts menu.  For some launchers, you may prefer or need to launch it as either a modern script bundle (.scptd) or an application (.app) instead.  To do that, open this script in AppleScript Editor (called simply Script Editor in earlier Mac OS X versions), click in the menu: FileSave As, and then choose the desired file type from the popup at the bottom of the sheet.

In any case, this script requires BookMacster version 1.9.9 or later.  BookMacster version 1.9.9 is available now on our beta update track.   This article describes how to get it:

http://www.sheepsystems.com/files/support_articles/bkmx-get-beta.html 

AppleScripters may modify the script to land new bookmarks from other sources besides NetNewsWire.
« Last Edit: Feb 21st, 2012 at 12:51pm by Jerry Krinock »  

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint