Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Feature request: Better tag handling (Read 5444 times)
Clyde
Re: Feature request: Better tag handling
Reply #3 - May 24th, 2012 at 3:23am
Print Post  
Dr. Scott Steinman wrote on Mar 7th, 2012 at 6:58am:
I've been cleaning up my tags after BookMaster added them according to my folder structure.  It's been very difficult. Here's a couple of suggestions that would make my life easier:

1. Allow tags to be respelled inline if initially spelled incorrectly. Deleting then retyping it is a pain.
  2. A way to remove a tag from all bookmarks that use that tag without losing the bookmarks themselves.
  3. Autosuggestions when typing in existing tags so they don't have to be completely typed in.

Thanks.

If "votes" help, then I would chime in that these 3 would be big for me, too.  Tags are great.  I use tags heavily in 1Password and in that interface I have been spoiled with the kind of tag functionality as Dr. Steinman lists.  I have already been building my use of Tags in BookMacster and when/if these features can be added your already excellent product will be even better Smiley

IP Logged

Rob Lewis
Reply #2 - May 5th, 2012 at 7:13pm
Print Post  
Just for the heck of it I'll throw in the idea of hierarchical tags. Just think how that would improve your "folders to tags" conversion. Or maybe not.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2012 at 3:04am
Print Post  
Thank you for the feedback, Scott.

BookMacster's tagging user interface definitely needs some love.  Syncing has been sucking up most of the engineering time around here lately, but we're getting that wrapped up.

I've added your suggestions to our bug tracker.  Two of them have already been suggested by others.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Dr. Scott Steinman
Feature request: Better tag handling
Mar 7th, 2012 at 6:58am
Print Post  
I've been cleaning up my tags after BookMaster added them according to my folder structure.  It's been very difficult. Here's a couple of suggestions that would make my life easier:

1. Allow tags to be respelled inline if initially spelled incorrectly. Deleting then retyping it is a pain.
  2. A way to remove a tag from all bookmarks that use that tag without losing the bookmarks themselves.
  3. Autosuggestions when typing in existing tags so they don't have to be completely typed in.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint