Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) Exporting results in Error: 571328 (Read 10033 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Exporting results in Error: 571328
Reply #10 - May 9th, 2012 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
OK, we might still have the original problem, if launch/quitting Firefox in the correct profile did not fix it.  Let me know if there's any more trouble.

I'll have to think about if there's anything we can learn from this.  The fact that the profiles feature in Firefox causes pain sometimes is already well known  Smiley

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

FatalError
Ex Member
Reply #9 - May 9th, 2012 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Output of the FF error-console is:

/Users/myusername/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/9voe3i78.Test

So obviously this is not default. Here's what I did to get the issue resolved:

Open Terminal
> /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin -ProfileManager

There rename Test > Default

Now BookMacster exports just fine. I also installed the FF add-on as you suggested.

Sorry, for causing trouble. And glad it's solved. Smiley

Thanks for your assistance.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #8 - May 9th, 2012 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
BookMacster has two methods for exporting to Firefox.  The first method is used when Firefox is not running in the target profile, and can generate Error 571328.  The second method, which uses our Firefox extension, is used when Firefox is running in the target profile, and can not generate Error 571328 as far as I can see.  So I want to make sure you're really in that default profile.

Mozilla made this difficult.  Click in the menu: Tools ▸ Developer ▸ Error Console.  A window will appear. Near the top is a text field labelled Code:.  Paste in the following command:

Components.classes["@mozilla.org/file/directory_service;1"].getService( Components.interfaces.nsIProperties).get("ProfD", Components.interfaces.nsIFile).path

Then click the Evaluate button.

The answer will appear as a new console entry at the bottom of the window.  The correct answer, if you are indeed in the default profile, is something like this:

/Users/you/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default

If you are in the default profile, launch BookMacster and try once again to export while Firefox is running in the default profile.

The only other thing to do is, in BookMacster, click in the menu Help ▸ Trouble Zipper to send me your data.  When asked, click Include Bookmarks, then select Firefox, then the default profile.  I'll try and reproduce the problem.  But I don't know – getting Error 571328 when Firefox is running in the target profile looks to be almost impossible, or at least it should ask to install the extension.  Might also be interesting to, in BookMacster, click in the menu: BookMacster ▸ Manage Browser Add-Ons and see if our Firefox extension is installed and tests OK in that default profile.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

FatalError
Ex Member
Reply #7 - May 9th, 2012 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
using the default profile not jondofox.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #6 - May 9th, 2012 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
It looks like you have two Firefox profiles, but the one that you're having trouble exporting to is the default profile (because the Export checkbox for JonDoFox is switched off).

Is the default profile the one that you want to export to?  When you launched and quit Firefox a few minutes ago, did you launch it into the default profile or into JonDoFox?   (The correct answer is default, because that's the one we're having trouble with.)

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

FatalError
Ex Member
Reply #5 - May 9th, 2012 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
2nd screenshot

also, no bookmacster add-on installed in Firefox. ff is latest version 12.

IP Logged

FatalError
Ex Member
Reply #4 - May 9th, 2012 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
I'm not sure what to make of this, but you got the right point as it seems. Something here is not matching correctly.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - May 9th, 2012 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
When Firefox was running, did BookMacster prompt you to install its Firefox extension?

Look in Settings ▸ Clients.  Is there anything in parentheses after the word "Firefox"?  For example, "Firefox (Banana)" indicates that you are exporting to a Firefox profile named "Banana".  Otherwise, simply "Firefox" means the default profile.

Have you possibly created more than one Firefox profile on that Mac account?  Firefox version is fairly recent?

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

FatalError
Ex Member
Reply #2 - May 9th, 2012 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Hey Jerry,

top response time. Tried "Show all bookmarks" closed firefox. same error.

tried with firefox open > same error

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2012 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Hello, FatalError.

Firefox' bookmark database is being uncooperative.  Try this:
  • Launch Firefox
  • Click in the menu: Bookmarks ▸ Show All Bookmarks.
  • Quit Firefox.
This may cause Firefox to fix its database, and BookMacster may be able to export after that.

If that doesn't work, launch Firefox and see if BookMacster can export while Firefox is running.

If that doesn't work, let me know.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

FatalError
Ex Member
Exporting results in Error: 571328
May 9th, 2012 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Importing works fine. Once I click export I get:

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint