Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dropbox and iCloud questions (Read 3755 times)
Mike Boreham
Re: Dropbox and iCloud questions
Reply #2 - Jun 18th, 2012 at 2:21am
Print Post  
Thanks for clear reply. Glad I am understanding it right.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Dropbox and iCloud questions
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Mike Boreham wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 7:19am:
So I think if I use Bookmacster on just one Mac, iCloud will transfer the sort order (and content), so what extra would Dropbox syncing bring?
That's a good question, Mike.  The answer is that, since you are only using Safari, Dropbox will add nothing to your bookmarking experience.  Safari can sync to Safari on other Macs via iCloud.  Firefox can sync to Firefox on other Macs via Firefox Sync.  Google Chrome can sync to Google Chrome on other Macs via a Google account.  Opera can sync to Opera on other Macs via Opera Link.  Unless you have technical issues or privacy concerns with one of these services, if you're only using one browser, you should use their built-in syncing service.

Mike Boreham wrote on Jun 17th, 2012 at 7:19am:
Is it mainly about other browsers?
For those browsers that have a built-in syncing service, it is all about syncing among different browsers and different Macs.

For more general information on this topic, users may visit our Syncing Visualizer and punch in their requirements…

http://sheepsystems.com/bookmacster/HelpBook/SSYMH.05.08.html#syncVisual

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Mike Boreham
Dropbox and iCloud questions
Jun 17th, 2012 at 7:19am
Print Post  
I have two Macs, two iPhones and one iPad and only use Safari. iCloud has mostly done a good job of syncing bookmarks between them, including transferring the sort order, but not actually sorting alphabetically of course.

I want to use Bookmacster to get the sorting done.

So I think if I use Bookmacster on just one Mac, iCloud will transfer the sort order (and content), so what extra would Dropbox syncing bring ? Is it mainly about other browsers?

Thanks

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint