Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 5 Replies) BookMacster and IOS (Read 10933 times)
Clyde
Re: BookMacster and IOS
Reply #6 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Jerry Krinock wrote on Jul 18th, 2012 at 2:23pm:
Good news on the bookmarks, Art.

Yes, regarding the Forum, I've been told that doesn't work, but can't reproduce the problem.  I'll look into it when I get some time.  I know that YaBB is not the most beautiful Forum out there, especially on a Mac, but its spam controls are better than some of the more beautiful forums, and that's really important nowadays.

I get replies now after having followed these steps
http://sheepsystems.com/discuss/YaBB.pl?num=1285423601

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #5 - Jul 18th, 2012 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Good news on the bookmarks, Art.

Yes, regarding the Forum, I've been told that doesn't work, but can't reproduce the problem.  I'll look into it when I get some time.  I know that YaBB is not the most beautiful Forum out there, especially on a Mac, but its spam controls are better than some of the more beautiful forums, and that's really important nowadays.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

gypsy
Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2012 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
It looks like that has solved the problem. Thank you for your help. It keeps me from wandering around looking for what I stored and now can't find.

BTW - the option to be notified of replies to the topic is checked but so far I haven't received any notifications of the replies. I only found them as I came back to the forum to see if a reply had been made.

Thanks.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #3 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2012 at 2:47pm by Jerry Krinock »  

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

gypsy
Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2012 at 2:01am
Print Post  
Thank you for the step by step instructions. I was a little surprised that I couldn't do it with dropbox, but if it can't be, then it can't be.
But, I did follow the instructions step by step and waiting the appropriate time as indicated in the instructions. When I went to the iCloud settings on my laptop, the bookmarks button was already chosen. And when I went to the iCloud settings on my iPod Touch (I left my iPad in my office and was going to do that tomorrow), I already had the bookmarks checkbox checked. I've tried this three times now.... step by step... but it's just not working. Nothing changes on my safari bookmarks on the iPod Touch.
I tried deleting every bookmark on my iPod Touch but that didn't help either. So, I'm still at a loss to make this work.

Art

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Jul 16th, 2012 at 5:06am
Print Post  
Hello, gypsy.

This is a good question, so I wrote you a good, colorful, detailed answer…

http://www.sheepsystems.com/files/support_articles/bkmx/ok-now-sync-to-iOS.html

Let us know if you have any questions.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

gypsy
BookMacster and IOS
Jul 16th, 2012 at 3:55am
Print Post  
I'm a little confused and can't seem to find anything that directly gives instruction on how to do this.
I have a MacBookPro using two browsers (Safari & Chrome) and I have a third gen iPad with Safari and Dropbox installed.
I set up my MBP using the tutorial and have my sync working pretty good between safari and chrome. But, I'd like to also have my iPad synced automatically as well. But, I'm reluctant to just start clicking boxes to try and make it work. I need more direction than what I can find. I guess I'd like to sync by using dropbox but I'm not presently configured in BookMacster to do that and I'm unsure how to go about it. And I don't know how to get Safari on my iPad to recognize the BookMacster sync file.
Any direction given is appreciated.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint