Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic feature request: add shortcut for contextual menu (Read 4183 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: feature request: add shortcut for contextual menu
Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
Unfortunately, I just received confirmation from an Apple engineer that my past failures at doing this are because Mac OS X has no support for selecting a menu item that has a submenu using a keyboard shortcut.  I'll see if we can think up some other way of moving things without mousing.  It would be very nice.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: feature request: add shortcut for contextual menu
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2012 at 4:46am
Print Post  
Thank you, share_inspiration.

I'm not sure that can be done, because I think that Mac OS X does not allow keyboard shortcuts to be assigned to menu items with submenus, such as BookMacster's Move to and Copy to.  (You notice that the other items in the contextual menu have keyboard shortcuts.)  Anyhow, I appreciate the problem – I've run into this issue myself, in other apps.

We are back to adding new features this week.  We'll try and figure out a way to get what you want.  It's a good suggestion.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

share_inspiration
feature request: add shortcut for contextual menu
Oct 26th, 2012 at 3:09am
Print Post  
it'd be great to have contextual menu items available in the menu bar so we can assign shortcuts to them.

I'd like to have a shortcut for "move" which for now appears only available when right clicking.

Thanks,

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint