Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Agents not triggered? (Read 18113 times)
Kristy
Re: Agents not triggered?
Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2012 at 3:57am
Print Post  
I'm having the similar problem.  Firefox is the primary browser that I use and I want the bookmarks to also be available in Chrome & Safari.  The initial set-up worked beautifully.  I then added a bookmark to Firefox and it never showed up in the Bookmarkshelf file and therefore doesn't show up in the other two browsers.  I even tried adding a scheduled agent and that didn't work.

I watched the video, followed the instructions and confirmed the 4 agents are loaded.  I added a new bookmark to Firefox and then refreshed the log....there are no entries for the action.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Agents not triggered?
Reply #1 - Nov 12th, 2012 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Hello Sazun,

Thank you for the report.  I have downloaded and removed your attachment.  We'll dig into it if necessary during the next 8 hours.  But  before we do, please read this support web page, watch the screencast and compare with what happens on your Mac.

http://www.sheepsystems.com/products/bkmx/movies/agents-under-the-hood/

If there are parts of the video that are too difficult to follow, let us know.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Sazun
Ex Member
Agents not triggered?
Nov 12th, 2012 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I am trying to use Bookmacster in the "left" style described in the Getting Started section of the manual. Everything is working fine except for the automatic sync via agents: it seems like they are never triggered or at least not performing the way it should.

I have reread the manual many times and look into the forum trying to see if I am doing something wrong. My primary intention is sync Safari and Chrome browsers but as they contain a number of bookmarks, I have installed Camino and Firefox to use it as a test system (other browsers with a simple bookmark file) and have started from scratch with the same result: import and export operations work well, and agents are activated but no automated sync occurs.

I don't know what to try next. Attached is the file produced by Trouble Zipper. Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2012 at 1:24pm by Jerry Krinock »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint