Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Chromium hang on export (Read 4825 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Chromium hang on export
Reply #3 - Mar 13th, 2013 at 8:00am
Print Post  
BookMacster 1.13.6, which has this issue fixed, is now available.  To get it, launch BookMacster and click in the menu: BookMacster ▸ Check for Update.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #2 - Mar 13th, 2013 at 4:43am
Print Post  
Never mind on that bookmarks file, Zettti.  I posted a question to Apple's XCode Users group, and someone replied with a wild guess which made little sense but nonetheless led us to a a magic formula for decoding those exceptions from a Console log. We see where the problem is, and this is now the only thing remaining on the list of things to fix before we ship BookMacster 1.13.6.

Thanks again for the report!

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2013 at 3:24pm
Print Post  
THIS MESSAGE IS NOW SUPERCEDED.  SEE NEXT MESSAGE INSTEAD.

Thank you for the report, Andreas.

I have downloaded and deleted your Trouble Zip.

Unfortunately the exception console logs printed by Mac OS X are missing a critical piece of information (the framework load address) which is necessary to pinpoint the exception.  Sometimes you can get lucky by guessing, but in this case I as not lucky.

Also, Trouble Zipper does not pick up Chromium data because, well, not many people use it.  Fortunately, though, Chromium users usually know their way around the Mac OS X file system Smiley

If you could please send me your Chromium bookmarks I might be able to reproduce the problem.  The file is located at

~/Library/Application Support/Chromium/Default/Bookmarks

unless you've created custom profiles in Chromium; in that case the "/Default/" would be different.

Thanks,

Jerry
« Last Edit: Mar 13th, 2013 at 4:46am by Jerry Krinock »  

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Zettti
Chromium hang on export
Mar 12th, 2013 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Hello Jerry,

I have a Bookmarkshelf that imports from Pinboard, Chromium, and Safari and export to Chromium and Safari. It now has problems exporting when it says "pull from Chromium" (or something similar). Console says the following pastebin.com/X06u7M57

The important part is, I think, the NSArray error in line 4. I've zipped up everything with Trouble Zipper. You can download the file as attachment.

Hope this is not too hard to fix.

Regards, 
Andreas

[attachment removed by admin]
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2013 at 3:17pm by Jerry Krinock »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint