Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic "No response from Chrome" (Read 5520 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: "No response from Chrome"
Reply #3 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 11:21pm
Print Post  
Rob Lewis wrote on Jun 28th, 2013 at 10:21pm:
Thanks, Jerry. Yes, it was the beta and I have now installed the .1 update. No error message.
Makes my day.  Thank you.

Question: why, in the "Manage Browser Add-ons" window, are both the "Install" and "Uninstall" buttons for the Plugin solid black? Shouldn't one be greyed out?
Theoretically, yes, except that the Manage Browser Add-Ons window is a maintenance tool which needs to handle situations that we haven't thought of.  And since the same plugin is used for Chrome, Canary and Chromium, and possibly by different User profiles, it would have been way too complicated and time consuming to write non-buggy code which would tightly handle all situations.  So we simplified it.  Buttons are always enabled.  When the user installs any of the Chrom-ish extensions in any profile, the plugin is uninstalled + reinstalled.  Uninstallation must be done manually.

Oh, and interestingly, when I did the check for update, the notification window did include the release notes! If you recall, I have a longstanding problem where they're not displayed. I'll watch to see if this problem has finally gone away.
Well, that's the second-best news I've had all day, Rob!  To be honest with you, we've given up on that except to to hope that it goes away and stays away.  We have no way to reproduce that, and I've never been able to come up with any plausible explanation.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Rob Lewis
Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Thanks, Jerry. Yes, it was the beta and I have now installed the .1 update. No error message.

Question: why, in the "Manage Browser Add-ons" window, are both the "Install" and "Uninstall" buttons for the Plugin solid black? Shouldn't one be greyed out?

Oh, and interestingly, when I did the check for update, the notification window did include the release notes! If you recall, I have a longstanding problem where they're not displayed. I'll watch to see if this problem has finally gone away.

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2013 at 9:24pm
Print Post  
Rob Lewis wrote on Jun 28th, 2013 at 7:05pm:
Just installed latest BM.
Hello, Rob.  I presume you mean the 1.16 Beta version.

Rob Lewis wrote on Jun 28th, 2013 at 7:05pm:
It wants to update the Chrome extension. But I keep getting "No response from Chrome".   I suspect it's just being too impatient since Chrome takes a while to launch.
Actually, it was worse than that.  We've reproduced and fixed the problem in BookMacster 1.16.1, which is now available.

Assuming you are on the beta track (which you must have been in order to get BookMacster 1.16), launch BookMacster and click in the menu: BookMacster > Check for Update to get BookMacster 1.16.1.

And thank you for the report!

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Rob Lewis
"No response from Chrome"
Jun 28th, 2013 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Just installed latest BM. It wants to update the Chrome extension. But I keep getting "No response from Chrome".

I suspect it's just being too impatient since Chrome takes a while to launch.

I've tried it both with and without Chrome already running. Same story.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint