Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Selective syncing (Read 3440 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Selective syncing
Reply #1 - Sep 7th, 2013 at 6:01am
Print Post  
Hello Ivan,

Yes, you can do that using the Export Exclusions feature in BookMacster.  It's discussed in the Help Book.

While reading that hyperlink, I realized that we didn't do a very good job describing how to use it.  We'll fix that.  Here are what the instructions would be for your requirement…
  • Open the Bookmarkshelf document which is doing the syncing in BookMacster.
  • In the Content View, select any bookmarks, or folders of bookmarks, that you don't want exported to Firefox.  (This property is "inherited" from "parent" folders to "children".)
  • If the Inspector is not showing, click in the menu: Selection > Show Inspector.  The Inspector panel will appear.
  • Click the Export Exclusions button at the bottom of the Inspector panel.
  • In the drawer which appears, switch off the checkbox for Firefox.
  • Verify that the little Export Exclusions icon (shown in that hyperlink) has appeared next to the desired bookmarks and folder(s).
Now, the next time you do a normal export, the excluded bookmarks will be removed from Firefox, and will never re-exported.

Let us know if you find any glitches in it, because I recall it was pretty tricky to think through how that would work, and probably not many people have tried it, especially with syncing.

(Everything becomes more fun when you start syncing  Cool)

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

ivan pasic
Selective syncing
Sep 7th, 2013 at 4:16am
Print Post  
Is it possible to sync all but a single folder of bookmarks between safari and firefox? Lets say i want all the work-related bookmarks to be available both in my firefox and safari but some private bookmarks to be in safari only.

thanks to everyone with advice!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint