Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Where to edit Bookmarks? (Read 4391 times)
richardjames
Re: Where to edit Bookmarks?
Reply #2 - Oct 28th, 2013 at 5:55am
Print Post  
Jerry hi and many thanks,

I'm finding it quite a stretch moving from regular use of Bookdog to BookMacster. Now, after a couple of false starts and needing to reimport my Safari bookmarks from a backup, I think I'm starting to feel a bit more comfortable about it all. I'm still not quite clear about the 'syncing' business. At present I'm relying fairly heavily on (re)-importing regularly from Safari to make sure my BookMacster files is up to date then, if I've changed things in BookMacster, (re)-exporting to Safari. I think I need to look into your syncing info a bit more.

Regards, Richard  Smiley

IP Logged

Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Where to edit Bookmarks?
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2013 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
Hello, Richard.

Good question.  Theoretically you can edit in Safari, if you have enabled Agents to sync.  And this is fine for normal everyday web browsing and adding bookmarks.  But if you do heavy-duty housecleaning, deleting, and moving stuff around, you will be interrupted as BookMacster syncs every few minutes.

We therefore we recommend that you do housecleaning and reorganization in BookMacster like this…
  • Import all the bookmarks you want into a Bookmarkshelf document in BookMacster, by using either menu: File > Import All or Import from only > .
  • Look at the Syncing button in the toolbar.  If it's showing a green dot, click it to Pause syncing.
  • Do whatever reorganization you want.  This 45-second video shows how it's easy to move items around in BookMacster.
  • After everything looks good, click the Syncing button again to resume syncing.  BookMacster will remind you to Export.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

richardjames
Where to edit Bookmarks?
Oct 27th, 2013 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Hi, Do I have to do bookmark edits / additions etc in BookMaster then (re)-export to Safari or should I edit in Safari. If so do they automatically get imported back into BookMaster?

Apologies for being a bit naive on this.

Cheers

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint