Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic launchd error (Read 4204 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: launchd error
Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2014 at 12:37am
Print Post  
Hello, Issaquah.

Thank you for the report.  If that only happens once a minute for a few minutes, that's not an error.  It's just OS X's way of saying that your bookmarks needed to be synced but BookMacster's Worker is currently throttled.  We throttle it to avoid excessive resource usage.

If it's happening every 10 seconds, or happening repeatedly for more than a few minutes, it could mean that BookMacster was moved while a syncing Agent was active.  Launching BookMacster will correct the agent to look in the correct location and fix the problem.

Another cause is if BookMacster was simply trashed instead of uninstalled.

Anyhow, let me us know where we're at in light of these possibilities, and I'll tell you how to fix it.  If it's not explainable, run our Trouble Zipper and send us the data.  To do that,

• Activate BookMacster
• Click in the menu: Help ▸ Trouble Zipper
• Follow the instructions.  We probably don't need any of the optional inclusions for this case.
• Send me the resulting .zip as instructed.

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

IssaquahAlps
launchd error
Apr 28th, 2014 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Hello, getting a launchd error in the console:

2014/04/28 4:41:32.374 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[531]: (com.sheepsystems.BookMacster.D2B14340-593F-45B0-A97B-78E8037AEEC3.000.000) Throttling respawn: Will start in 77 seconds

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint