Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Re set Bookmackster completely (Read 4593 times)
Jerry Krinock
Admin
Re: Re set Bookmackster completely
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2014 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Thank you for contacting us, Stepen. 

Stephen wrote on May 3rd, 2014 at 9:29am:
I sync bookmarks on an iphone, Ipad, and Macbook safari via Icloud and have Chrome also installed on the mac with its own sync service disabled.
That's all good.

1. Having spend a day adding many things to my safari reading list
I just retested such an operation, twice, and it worked fine for me with the current versions of BookMacster and Safari.

bookmaster come up with message about a safe sync limit and I push OK
There are variations on the Safe Sync Limit warning, depending on whether it's an import or an export, and whether it occurred automatically (as the result of an Agent) or manually (by you clicking Import or Export in BookMacster).  I think the only one with an OK button is the one indicating that agents, if any, have been switched off.

it then deletes all the new items I just added to my reading list.
Now I'm getting lost.  If you were bookmarking all day, more than usual, and BookMacster did not sync until the end of the day for some reason (maybe you added the bookmarks on your iPad while your Mac was off?), then possibly the Safe Sync Limit would have been exceeded.  By default, it is set at 25 new bookmarks.  However, it should have still imported them.  It just worked for me.  But then, the only way these bookmarks could have been deleted from Safari is during an Export from BookMacster.  It seems like maybe the import after adding the new bookmarks was skipped for some reason, and then a later export would have deleted them.

2. conversly in google chrome I delete bookmarks only for them to simply bounce back, reappear minutes later.
I don't know.  Did you re-enable BookMacster syncing after the Safe Sync warning told you that it was switched off?  If not, then BookMacster is not syncing, and something else is doing this.  To check whether or not BookMacster is syncing, launch BookMacster and click the application menu item.   Near the bottom is a menu item that says Stop Workers (m), Agents (n), where the numbers m and n indicate how many are active.  If syncing is still disabled, they will be 0.

Tell me what you've found so far and we'll continue.  I'd advise leaving BookMacster's Syncing/Agents off until this is resolved.
« Last Edit: May 3rd, 2014 at 3:39pm by Jerry Krinock »  

Jerry Krinock
IP Logged

Stephen
Re set Bookmackster completely
May 3rd, 2014 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Having used this software successfully for some months it has gone completely psychotic. I sync bookmarks on an iphone, Ipad, and Macbook safari via Icloud and have Chrome also installed on the mac with its own sync service disabled. 1. Having spend a day adding many things to my safari reading list bookmaster come up with messge about a safe sync limit and I push OK it then deletes all the new items I just added to my reading list. Why??
2. conversly in google chrome I delete bookmarks only for them to simply bounce back, reappear minutes later.

Please what is going on.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint